X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadiq6210
    • Jun 2004
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    Fixes are implemented and placed in a beta build. That build is used to create staging servers. The fix is then "Deployed to Staging". If the fix is approved then it goes to "Approved on Staging". Otherwise, it is reopened and kicked back to development.

Currently QA is working on the Beta 10 release. Tonight there may be a Beta 11 release they get etc...
    In Jira I can see only 2 issues fixed in Beta 11

However, there is only 57 issues fixed from Beta1 to Beta10 (average 6 issues per release)
    We need to move faster, there is more than 1600 issues confirmed in vb5 until know.
    +
    I wish Beta11 will change our concept about vb5 performance
    Signature test :)

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Some of those betas were an hour apart. Some were daily builds. There are more fixes coming and they are working quite diligently on getting the bug count down. I would suspect that some of the earlier bugs that were logged no longer occur and were fixed in passing while working on other issues. They need to be tested and closed if necessary.

According my look at JIRA - Issues: 1393 created and 1618 resolved in the last 30 days.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• rudedog1968
        • Feb 2004
        • 3.8.x

Wayne, I know it's been said that all vB devs are working on vB5 at the moment. Can you tell us roughly what the size of the full dev team is?

I know there was a lot of frustration from the customers that the bugs in vB 4 where not fixed quick enough and still many linger. Because of the rewrite (x% rewrite) will we see faster turn around on the bug fixes and enhancements? Are there separate teams of devs working on vB5? Say 40% fixing bugs and 60% working on the feature set(s)?
        Not so Rude, Rudedog FPSadmin.com | twitter | Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 - Games for Windows

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

I don't know what each individual developer's responsibility is. vBulletin, Responsive, Front-end, Back-end, Junior Developer, Senior Developer, etc... Don't know much about it. I know that bugs are reported, bugs are assigned, bugs are fixed...

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• rmwebs
            • Nov 2005
            • 3.7.x

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showgroups.php

I don't know what each individual developer's responsibility is. vBulletin, Responsive, Front-end, Back-end, Junior Developer, Senior Developer, etc... Don't know much about it. I know that bugs are reported, bugs are assigned, bugs are fixed...
            Could you see about getting someone on the forums that can answer the question then? A common problem here is that people ask questions, and the support guys reply with 'i dont know' - lets get someone here that DOES know...surely that would make a lot of sense wouldn't it, and would prevent customers feel like they are being fobbed off.

Comment

• jerde
              Banned
              • Jun 2010
              • 4.2.X

Wow, I'm a loss for words. This is the nail in the coffin for my website. IPB here we come.

Comment

• rudedog1968
                • Feb 2004
                • 3.8.x

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showgroups.php

Thanks Wayne, that user group for developers does help answer the question. and it seems there are a lot of devs now working solely on V5. I really hope we can see an updated alpha.

I'm still baffled as to why the product manager(s) and even Lawrence are not on the forums answering questions and trying to calm everyone down. As mentioned above, it would be nice to get someone on here that has these answers and can share.
                Not so Rude, Rudedog FPSadmin.com | twitter | Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 - Games for Windows

Comment

• Ramsesx
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by rudedog1968
                  I'm still baffled as to why the product manager(s) and even Lawrence are not on the forums answering questions and trying to calm everyone down. As mentioned above, it would be nice to get someone on here that has these answers and can share.
                  Hm, should be a hard task to calm down only with some words.
                  They only can say, it's a beta, please be patient.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    • Aug 2000

I am trying to get as many answers as I can and posting them where I can. If I see an issue that regards the management, I have been sending it off to them. They'll either chime in or tell me what I can post or answer. That is really the best I can do.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Super Cat
                      • Jan 2005
                      • 4.2.X

I am trying to get as many answers as I can and posting them where I can. If I see an issue that regards the management, I have been sending it off to them. They'll either chime in or tell me what I can post or answer. That is really the best I can do.
                      You can only do what you can do.

Comment