X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slinky
    • Mar 2001
    • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Zachery
    We're required to follow Facebook's privacy policies, because we use their systems. Anything facebook says we cannot do, we cannot do.
    We're bound to our own privacy policies. I don't know what more you need from us.
    And you can do that which isn't prohibited by Facebook and they state, as per my quote, that you're supposed to make clear what it is you do. Pointing to a privacy policy (which doesn't apply as per my quote) means there is no stated policy here about how you use, display, transfer the data.

I've got an idea. Since this is proving to be very difficult here, I'll just ask Facebook for some advice and insight. I'll let you know what they have to say.
    My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

• rmwebs
      • Nov 2005
      • 3.7.x

The bottom line is this:

- Internet brands are REQUIRED to provide a privacy policy.
      - The one currently provided is NOT valid for Facebook integration
      - You have not provide any form of privacy policy or terms to vB license holders that says 'we wont sell your user info'

At this stage IB could very well scrape all user data from anyone using the facebook app and sell it to the highest bidder. Or start a competing forum and email your members.

As it stands if facebook were to learn of this, you'd have your rights revoked for life - they are pretty strict about it these days.

(Speaking as someone who has worked on a number of facebook apps)

Comment

• Lizard King
        Banned
        • Mar 2004
        • 3.6.x

Without a cleaner Privacy Policy i will never touch my hands on vB5 .

Comment

• zylstra
          • Aug 2004

Wayne and Zachary, I'm with slinky, rmwebs, and Lizard on this one. Maybe you should escalate this issue to your managers...

Comment

• acwatts
            • Aug 2005
            • 3.8.x

If IB did sell your info and it was never disclosed you could sue them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...