• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by jdj
    I see you're using forum runner from your iPhone. There's a new branded forum runner on offer in the customer area; is that what you're using? If so, is it good?
    No I use the "free" version (as in, free to the site owner...end users pay for the actual app).
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• jerde
      Banned
      • Jun 2010
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by audiokid
      They have to be going broke. This is too obvious. I have no faith in this company anymore.
      My thoughts exactly. Last attempt at a money grab.

Comment

• manebe
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by audiokid
        I have no faith in this company anymore.
        Me too, I am loosing faith in vBulletin company.
        I hope vBulletin trademark is going to be sold in order to be remarketed,
        I do not want my existing community to change software,
        even though I should consider the option to switch to a new brand.

Comment

• Sador
          • Mar 2009
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by 14DH01
          it is in their "Forum" not the "site"

I do not know what you think, but it is now super rapid
          http://www.vbulletin.com/vb5demo/
          lol.. not for me it isn't.

8s load time, and then when I went to the "main forum" random crap started happening again.

*shakes head and closes site*
          When the meteor came crashing to Earth, I bet the dinosaurs were roaring at it in the hope of scaring it away. That didn’t work out so well for them. - Matt.

Comment

• iyama
            • Dec 2009
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Mark.B
            With respect, that isn't true at all.

In any event, here is the VERY FIRST THING on the purchase page:

Purchase vBulletin 5 Connect or upgrade your current license
            We are in the process of advancing to the latest version of our software, vBulletin 5 Connect. This new software is currently in beta. Your vBulletin Connect license gives you the option of deploying this beta or the previous version, vBulletin 4.2. Regardless, your license will let you upgrade to all future releases in the vBulletin 5.x series at no additional cost.
            You payed for a beta what isn't work 100%. Even a kid can see that vb5 isn't 100% better than vb4.
            If you ask for refund the must do that. (Internet sell)
            If you pay by Paypal just claim a refund there and link it to this url.
            And send a mail and letter to vB with received/read option.

For a lot of Countries has Paypal a kind of buyer protection.
            If product not is being delivered or its not expected what it is just fill in a claim there.
            Paypal must investigate it always and ask the selling person/company for a answer.

If Paypal gets a lot of those claims the will blocked all payments and account to vb and will further investigate it.
            Just claim and link to this url, its so easy.

On the other side, a lot of Countries like Holland & Germany have a rule about internet selling.
            If product isn't is what the seller is saying, or it isn't the right size or something.
            Just send it back and claim refund.
            And there is no rule if you live in Madagascar and order in Hong-Kong.
            Its there country rule where the buyer is living.

Buth in all those postings here, i don't see a proper answer any more from vb staff.
            Maybe the are handling the refunds now?
            VB The Next Social Media plugin!
            I don't buy VB5!

Comment

• 14DH01
              • Sep 2010
              • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Sador

8s load time, and then when I went to the "main forum" random crap started happening again.

I will gladly give you a demonstration video, but I do not know.

someone else can confirm?
              my forum Support bug reports please

Comment

• zascok
                • Jul 2012
                • 3.8.x

Don't be mistaken paypal doesn't cover digital items and services . Read the paypal agreement

Comment

• zappaDPJ
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by 14DH01
                  I will gladly give you a demonstration video, but I do not know.

someone else can confirm?
                  I can confirm it is still embarrassingly slow, slower than it was when it first went up. I guess the 'Today's Birthdays' block now on display added another ton of queries

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

I've had to remove some posts from this thread, please keep it a ontopic as possible. Lets also not go bashing any third parties or getting into arguments about them.

If we can't keep this civil/ontopic, I'll be forced to close the thread.

Comment

• iyama
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by zascok
                      Don't be mistaken paypal doesn't cover digital items and services . Read the paypal agreement
                      I'm sorry buth you are very wrong in that.

13.8 What is an object that is very different from the description (SNAD)?

An item is Significantly Not as Described if it is materially different from what the seller described in the item listing.

How do I dispute a transaction?

Open a dispute in the Resolution Centre

One of the benefits of using PayPal is that our tools for dispute resolution can be used to troubleshoot any problems with a transaction.

We understand that it is annoying to have a problem with a transaction. If you have a problem with a transaction, you can issue the Resolution Center to monitor, manage, and as soon as possible.

Dispute is resolved or upgraded to PayPal claim.
                      In case of a claim the account of the seller wil be totaly frozen with all the money.

And thats all what i'm saying about the refund.
                      VB The Next Social Media plugin!
                      I don't buy VB5!

Comment

• vauge
                        • Oct 2004
                        • 3.8.x

Seems like only 2.5 years ago I was reading the same thread.
                        ??

Comment

• Jafo
                          • Apr 2004

Back on topic here, I guess it isn't just us:

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                          The demo is very barebones. It is what a new install looks like. We realize this was a mistake. We are working to add new modules, content and other changes to showcase what vBulletin 5 Connect can really do. Stay tuned.

Comment

• craigvm
                            • Aug 2012
                            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Sador

same here still crap some stuff loads then changes and slow .another thing no who`s online feature that i can see thats another really basic feature missing ib really need to take this off sale i popped on mybb earlier as i was helping a m8 out with his mybb install and they are taking the mick out of vb5 and no longer class vb as completion as mybb is better than vb5 witch is really bad for a free software to be considered better than vb5 so come on ib give us the great product many was expecting and become the best forum software again
                            www.fordmodified.co.uk
                            the home for modified fords

Comment

• Jafo
                              • Apr 2004

Well, I am no business major but if you want my opinion, I think you can move forward here by simply:

• acknowledging that what you put out there is sub-par
                              • laugh at yourself at what a dopey mistake you made (public palm to your forehead moment)
                              • lay out what you have learned by this mistake and how you will fix it in the future
                              • take down that miserable demo and don't show VB5 until it is much more ready for prime time
                              • I would also recruit some core customers of yours to PRIVATELY test your product. NDA them if you have to, but there are many respectable trustworthy customers here you can turn to for feedback.

Just my two cents, but that is about all I am willing to put out of pocket for VB5 as I see it right now.

Comment

• craigvm
                                • Aug 2012
                                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Jafo
                                Well, I am no business major but if you want my opinion, I think you can move forward here by simply:

• acknowledging that what you put out there is sub-par
                                • laugh at yourself at what a dopey mistake you made (public palm to your forehead moment)
                                • lay out what you have learned by this mistake and how you will fix it in the future
                                • take down that miserable demo and don't show VB5 until it is much more ready for prime time
                                • I would also recruit some core customers of yours to PRIVATELY test your product. NDA them if you have to, but there are many respectable trustworthy customers here you can turn to for feedback.

Just my two cents, but that is about all I am willing to put out of pocket for VB5 as I see it right now.
                                www.fordmodified.co.uk
                                the home for modified fords

Comment