X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gremrock
    • May 2012
    • 4.1.x

I feel that vbulletin x4 had lacked progression from the highlight of it's potential. Just when the x4 version slowly started to get somewhere, with new features add-ons and support from a top community, connect comes out with the worst type of bugs and an expectation from customer service to upgrade for a higher price.

What happens to the x4 users? do we get less support and less attention? Is the passion going to finally sink into a darken pit of emptiness?

VB5 in my opinion is far too rushed, and the price is unjustified

Comment

• BusyBee
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Zachery
      There are no deleted posts in this thread, not sure what you're referring to.
      Zachery, i did post on first thread but i can't see it now...never mind perhaps something wrong with my browser.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BusyBee
        Zachery, i did post on first thread but i can't see it now...never mind perhaps something wrong with my browser.
        No deleted posts from you in this thread.

Comment

• Trevor Matthews
          • Oct 2010
          • 4.1.x

Now I may be very wrong here and mis-read completely what I looked at yesteday but even if so things should have been explained way better by VB.

I am a working TV engineer running a 4.1.12 forum, it works perfectly now with all the features and add-ons we need.
          I did not upgrade to 4.2 as it seemed it would be fairly disasterous if I did.

I now see this VB 5 Connect nonsense, what the hell..............
          I can upgrade and get a p*ss poor discount. Why would I bother to upgrade, might as well just buy it and have two licences.
          Of course I will not be upgrading or buying ever again.

I then read that all the features will be missing, subscriptions missing etc etc??????
          Are you nuts???? Would I buy a car with no doors with the promise they would be available later?

I thought this was a joke but it isn't April 1st.

How does releasing a piece of tat beta like this help to do anything other than pee members like me off?

Sorry but this is the final straw for me.
          Regards
          Trevor

Comment

• Typhon
            • Nov 2000
            • 3.7.x

I took one look at VB5, and thought to myself "Time to look at XenForo". This is just not what I'm looking for in an upgrade.
            ::Typhon::
            www.realmworx.com

Comment

• DFORMS
              • Mar 2011
              • 4.1.x

After reading this thread and quickly looking at the demo I'm starting to regret having bought VB5...

Comment

• Ramsesx
                • Aug 2005
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by DFORMS
                After reading this thread and quickly looking at the demo I'm starting to regret having bought VB5...
                It's always an idea to investigate 10 minutes before buying things.

Comment

• iyama
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Aakif Nazir
                  Like Zachery said, it's a beta product. Ideally not to be used on live sites just yet. Think of it like you are buying vBulletin 4 with a complimentary upgrade to vBulletin 5 Connect when you are ready.
                  vb5 is a software with no guts. I see a demo what isnt like a upgrade after vb4.
                  A discount of $25 is a shame for the vb4 users who has complaint about the troubels as start till now.

It would be better if there was yearly a charge of $100,- to stay with vb updates.
                  And not to say that if you buy vb5 in a couple off days you get a discount.

I don't see a better vb5 now than vb4 is right now.
                  Yeah that Facebook is more and more in the vb.
                  Buth are we a vb consumer or a facebook costumer?

1-I will not upgrade to vb5. I would early looked to a other forum software.
                  2-Discount of $25,- is a big joke. Especially if a no vb costumer buys he also gets discount.
                  3-There is so much to work on vb4 to make it better. I'm shamed that i have believed in the vb staff.
                  4-And its better to inform earlier the costumers about the price and the date of release.
                  Some users don't have the money in a short time.
                  The are glad that the have a nice free forum for there members.

5- http://www.vbulletin.com/upgrade/ << Is this the only info about vb5? Its look a buying a house with out seeing!

Please believe me, I'm very mad and piss*d of at this time.
                  And think i'm not the only vb user right now!
                  Last edited by iyama; Thu 13 Sep '12, 12:12pm.
                  VB The Next Social Media plugin!
                  I don't buy VB5!

Comment

• DFORMS
                    • Mar 2011
                    • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Ramsesx
                    It's always an idea to investigate 10 minutes before buying things.
                    I bought it before this thread was created and the demo wasent available. Anyways I wonder if we can get our money back since it's not what it was advertised to be?

Comment

• Ramsesx
                      • Aug 2005
                      • 3.8.x

I bought it before this thread was created and the demo wasent available. Anyways I wonder if we can get our money back since it's not what it was advertised to be?
                      Was it meant as an upgrade from a existing license or for a new forum? If latter is the case you can still download and use vB4 or even vB3.
                      I wouldn't expect to get the money back, but you can try it.

Comment

• DFORMS
                        • Mar 2011
                        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Ramsesx
                        Was it meant as an upgrade from a existing license or for a new forum? If latter is the case you can still download and use vB4 or even vB3.
                        I wouldn't expect to get the money back, but you can try it.
                        I'm running a phpBB3 forum (http://fragnet.ca) and it's great but lately I’ve been feeling limited. I wanted to offer the users on my site more options and features. So I started doing some research and VB kept coming on top as the #1 choice. I initially bought a VB4 license but just recently started working on it. Then VB5 was announced and I told myself might as well start working on the newest version and skip the hassle of upgrading. So far seems I was dead wrong and ended up wasting 200 $... I am very disappointed. I don’t know if I should go with VB4.2 or stick with phpBB3? I had such high hopes for VB5 I thought I had found my solution.

Comment

• rudedog1968
                          • Feb 2004
                          • 3.8.x

Request your refund ASAP and then contact your CC company. Do not wait.
                          Not so Rude, Rudedog FPSadmin.com | twitter | Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 - Games for Windows

Comment

• iyama
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 4.2.X

Legaly you can ask your money back. Just make a mail and a letter with your complaints and ask refund.
                            And ask to reply to your mail that the received it. Or make a delivery/read option in Outlook.

If the are not refunding go to lawyer and tell the problem.
                            And ask him to charged his costs in the exploit to vb.

If you payed by paypal notifid them about a not properly working product.
                            And ask them to refund the compleet payment.
                            VB The Next Social Media plugin!
                            I don't buy VB5!

Comment

• Ramsesx
                              • Aug 2005
                              • 3.8.x

I'm running a phpBB3 forum (http://fragnet.ca) and it's great but lately I’ve been feeling limited. I wanted to offer the users on my site more options and features. So I started doing some research and VB kept coming on top as the #1 choice. I initially bought a VB4 license but just recently started working on it. Then VB5 was announced and I told myself might as well start working on the newest version and skip the hassle of upgrading. So far seems I was dead wrong and ended up wasting 200 $... I am very disappointed. I don’t know if I should go with VB4.2 or stick with phpBB3? I had such high hopes for VB5 I thought I had found my solution.
                              Ok, can understand it. You were in the faith everything vBulletin throws out is a classy product. But time has changed. I would suggest to go with 4.2, it's far better than phpbb.
                              Good luck.

Comment

• gfc
                                • Nov 2007

I am really not trying to be negative..

If you go to switch the forum software I wouldnt bet on a dead horse. Vb4 wont be developed actively anymore, even they say so. Because with this licencing model there is no interest in doing so.

Research again, xenforo and ipb have both good products and there I see a future. vb is kinda dead. Look at all the comment from today. If you find 1 positive feedback in 100 posts about vb5, I really would be suprised.
                                parkrocker.net - The Rock im Park Festival Community

Comment