X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rudedog1968
    • Feb 2004
    • 3.8.x

agreed gedsta, what leaves a bad taste in my mouth is that they are trying to sell this pre alpha now. If they would have released just the demo so people could try it (on vB's site), offer feedback and do some stress testing then most would have thought vB learned their lesson and learned how to manage software development.

I can only imagine the talk around the water cooler via support and QA staff, behind the backs of upper management. I must be brutal
    Not so Rude, Rudedog FPSadmin.com | twitter | Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 - Games for Windows

Comment

• stevectaylor
      • Aug 2007
      • 3.6.x

What isn't selling to me apart from the discount being a joke (might as well buy a new license and have two forums for the same topic in my view). Is they are still on VB4 on this forum!
      Holiday Forum
      Motor Car Forum
      Political Forum
      Web Hosting Forum

Comment

• 14DH01
        • Sep 2010
        • 4.2.x

Could you post a photo of developers "vb" at work?
        Just to reassure
        I need a sturdy rope to reassure me
        my forum Support bug reports please

Comment

• molieman
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Jafo
          I have taken some time to look over the VB 5 Connect Demo and I must say that my confidence in this company is severely shaken. Please tell me that what I am seeing is a pre-alpha stage concept and not the final product? Not only is what I see beyond stuck-in-the-mud sluggish, there are fewer features than a 1997 version of common forum software. I really gave this an open minded look and am so bummed out right now. PLEASE PLEASE tell me this is nowhere near finished? PLEASE?!?
          WOW, you took the words right out of my mouth.

I keep telling my self this is a BETA, this is a BETA, there are bound to be problems?????? My thought also was, the demo should of never been published. It's got to get better then this.

I love the new concept of the forum/blog, excellent, but is that it???? As of now, I can't see upgrading from 4 to 5.

I've got to believe there is more than what meets the eye, and I certainly hope the vBulletin staff will enlighten us. Right now it's hard to get past the /vb5demo/ experience, not a very good one, I'm sorry to say.

Comment

• whitetigergrowl
            • Jun 2004
            • 5.1.x

Originally posted by 14DH01

Just to reassure
            I kinda chuckled when I saw this.

I don't hate VB. But after seeing VB5, this kinda did strike that funny chord.

Comment

• craigvm
              • Aug 2012
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by 14DH01

Just to reassure
              lol
              www.fordmodified.co.uk
              the home for modified fords

Comment

• Warden
                • Mar 2007
                • 3.8.x

The more I try vB5, the more I do not like it. I just can't get a feel for it.

Whoever thought of this design for vb5 should be fired, or at the very least, demoted, in my opinion.

I don't like to be negative about things, but, this is not good.

Comment

• AlexanderT
                  • Mar 2003

I was absent from my own forum for a couple of days and when I visited again today I was marveled at the beauty of it. vB 3.8 truly shines. It needs more than the current vB 5 beta to qualify as a worthy replacement.

Comment

• rgf207
                    • Apr 2004
                    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Warden
                    The more I try vB5, the more I do not like it. I just can't get a feel for it.

Whoever thought of this design for vb5 should be fired, or at the very least, demoted, in my opinion.

I don't like to be negative about things, but, this is not good.
                    I don't like the look either but that's no reason to suggest the designer be fired or demoted

Comment

• Revvin
                      • Oct 2001

I've held two vBulletin licenses for many years but I won't be upgrading past vB4.Offering a paltry $40 discount for existing customers is a slap in the face and then seeing how poor it looks and runs is a joke. I can't believe IB is demo'ing this software in such a poor condition. It runs poorly and looks absolutely amatuer, this is not the way to showcase a product, beta or not. It should have been kept hidden until it was ready which makes me wonder if IB are desperate to get some cash in by releasing it too early. Perhaps if they had spent less money on lawyers chasing a fantasy that Xenforo stole idea's for thier product we might get a cheaper vB5 because if this is what IB considers cutting edge then its clean that the creative minds working on vBulletin left and created Xenforo instead which is where I may be spending my money in future or with Invision Power Services. I was really keen to see vB5 so when I picked up the email on my phone today the first thing I did when I got in was to follow the link on my PC to see it, absolutely apalled by what I've seen.

Comment

• jdj
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 5.1.x

Originally posted by alfanexus
                        I think vb5 looks promesing and i really like that they had the guts to do something different. There is still some work to be done especiallt with the blogs. But its not a releaded version yet so lets wait and se
                        Likewise: This is a beta so it's still a 'don't know yet' for me. I still have an open mind about it. vB4 works, if vB5 had the CMS replacement I'd give it a try.

I'm not expecting perfection.

Comment

• BusyBee
                          • Apr 2008

Seems my post on this thread was deleted... well im curious why

Comment

• Zachery
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BusyBee
                            Seems my post on this thread was deleted... well im curious why
                            There are no deleted posts in this thread, not sure what you're referring to.

Comment

• Hall of Famer
                              • Apr 2009
                              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by AlexanderT
                              I was absent from my own forum for a couple of days and when I visited again today I was marveled at the beauty of it. vB 3.8 truly shines. It needs more than the current vB 5 beta to qualify as a worthy replacement.
                              Yeah, VB3.8 is still the best forumware available nowadays. Although VB staff keep inserting VB4 already surpassed VB3's legacy, I am pretty sure most members dont quite agree with them. Anyway, VB5 does seem to have a long way to go. I can imagine how hard they will be working on this product with this many negative comments made by customers.

Comment

• chris15440
                                • Mar 2010

Right now I'm appalled at VB5 to be honest. I was sincerely betting on it being a winning solution for those on VB3 wanting to upgrade to the next level and I'm sure many others were betting on it also. But from the utter slowness, URL bungling, to the lack of basic features, etc., nothing but epic fail comes to mind. It seems that VB5 beta is pretty much what VB4 Gold was when it was released for sale. It's Groundhog day over and over...

From what I've seen from past experience with IB, not a lot is gonna change anytime soon to make it more of a viable solution, especially for larger mature forums, unfortunately. My two cents...

Comment