• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wave-rice
    • Feb 2011
    • 5.5.x

Originally posted by craigvm
    whats right with it the fact they want money for vb5 is a joke
    How is money for vB5 a joke? I mean, it's not funny at all and vBulletin 4 cost money too..
    Aakif Nazir

Comment

• craigvm
      • Aug 2012
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Aakif Nazir
      How is money for vB5 a joke? I mean, it's not funny at all and vBulletin 4 cost money too..
      its a joke that they expect people to pay for a product that bad and yes vb4 costs money too but vb4 blows vb5 away looking at that demo,
      www.fordmodified.co.uk
      the home for modified fords

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

its a joke that they expect people to pay for a product that bad and yes vb4 costs money too but vb4 blows vb5 away looking at that demo,
        Thanks you for your honest feedback, but please understand it is a beta product at this time.

Comment

• craigvm
          • Aug 2012
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Zachery
          Thanks you for your honest feedback, but please understand it is a beta product at this time.
          i understand that m8 but its on sale now so should be alot better,its not making vbulletin look like the best software to use at all
          www.fordmodified.co.uk

Comment

• wave-rice
            • Feb 2011
            • 5.5.x

i understand that m8 but its on sale now so should be alot better,its not making vbulletin look like the best software to use at all
            Like Zachery said, it's a beta product. Ideally not to be used on live sites just yet. Think of it like you are buying vBulletin 4 with a complimentary upgrade to vBulletin 5 Connect when you are ready.
            Aakif Nazir

Comment

• craigvm
              • Aug 2012
              • 4.2.X

Like Zachery said, it's a beta product. Ideally not to be used on live sites just yet. Think of it like you are buying vBulletin 4 with a complimentary upgrade to vBulletin 5 Connect when you are ready.
              yes but paying more for it lol really vb5 should`nt of been put on sale untill its ready
              www.fordmodified.co.uk

Comment

• Sador
                • Mar 2009
                • 3.8.x

Yes, and it was regretted by a lot of people that they spent that money, and it caused a lot of negative emotions regarding both vBulletin and IB. Looking at the pricing, the price difference between a new license and upgrading an existing one, and what vB4 turned out to be - one could hope that it's a joke. Because personally, when I looked at the advertised prices, I felt rather undervalued as a loyal customer.
                When the meteor came crashing to Earth, I bet the dinosaurs were roaring at it in the hope of scaring it away. That didn’t work out so well for them. - Matt.

Comment

They can't fix the bugs if you guys aren't buying the product, now get out your credit cards!

Comment

• zascok
                    • Jul 2012
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by SneakyDave
                    They can't fix the bugs if you guys aren't buying the product, now get out your credit cards!
                    No thank you. I'll wait a year or so while others will work as unpaid beta-testers . I have had enough testin the 4.x

Comment

• Jan Klerks
                      • Jul 2002

Haha, this is even worse then I expected. Well done.

Comment

• thunderclap
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 4.2.x

I was reading through this thread and all I could think as, "Okay... so what am I spending $200+ on?"

Comment

• acwatts
                          • Aug 2005
                          • 3.8.x

I don't think the mobile apps will get updated now after seeing how much work is needs to be done on vb5.

Comment

• craigvm
                            • Aug 2012
                            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Sador
                            Yes, and it was regretted by a lot of people that they spent that money, and it caused a lot of negative emotions regarding both vBulletin and IB. Looking at the pricing, the price difference between a new license and upgrading an existing one, and what vB4 turned out to be - one could hope that it's a joke. Because personally, when I looked at the advertised prices, I felt rather undervalued as a loyal customer.
                            personally i think vb4 is good overall happy with it but i may of moved to it at the right time judging by some comments on how it was as i`ve only used it on 4.2,just hope for vbulletin`s sake they do a hell of alot of work to sort vb5 out cuz as it is i`d sooner go back to free software than use vb5

Originally posted by SneakyDave
                            they should release a finished product first why should people pay $249 to be testers
                            www.fordmodified.co.uk

Comment

• Sador
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 3.8.x

personally i think vb4 is good overall happy with it but i may of moved to it at the right time judging by some comments on how it was as i`ve only used it on 4.2,just hope for vbulletin`s sake they do a hell of alot of work to sort vb5 out cuz as it is i`d sooner go back to free software than use vb5

they should release a finished product first why should people pay $249 to be testers
                              The vB4.2 forums are generally considered as "decent", while blogs and CMS are still considered poor. But there has been some 2 years of history before that, where a lot of stuff has happened, including a rather harsh pre-sale. vB4.0 gold and a lot after that were a very poor experience for many users. As such, a higher discount for people who stayed with it would have been a sign of good will - and I feel they missed that opportunity by a mile.
                              When the meteor came crashing to Earth, I bet the dinosaurs were roaring at it in the hope of scaring it away. That didn’t work out so well for them. - Matt.

Comment

• Jafo
                                • Apr 2004

I dunno, I still have to say, I see absolutely no reason to even want to convert to this beta or anything close to it. It is just so little compared to what we are used to.

Comment