This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B
    A list of bugs in a beta product released two days ago? That's rather novel.
    That's what I did with vB4 when Machol laughed off my BBB complaint about "over 100 bugs" in the product. I documented the URL to the company's own list of vB4 bugs, which was over 200 at the time. I suggest anybody filing a complaint with the BBB do the same to avoid the argument from IB saying that the product doesn't have 100+ bugs.
    Last edited by Guest; Fri 14 Sep '12, 11:09am.

Leave a comment:

• craigvm
    replied
    Originally posted by ZombieAndy
    Trying not to be negative?

If there was a easy way to roll my forums back to vB3 i would tonight. NO way am i buying vb5... IB have had all the money their getting out of me.
    there is a easy way to roll back to vb3 from 4 just import to a free forum software then import to vb3 the only downside is passwords would most prob be lost

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by SneakyDave
    direct them to the list of JIRA bugs.
    A list of bugs in a beta product released two days ago? That's rather novel.

Leave a comment:

• ZombieAndy
    replied
    Trying not to be negative?

If there was a easy way to roll my forums back to vB3 i would tonight. NO way am i buying vb5... IB have had all the money their getting out of me.

Leave a comment:

• dethfire
    replied
    Originally posted by fwulfers
    It is not more difficult to switch software from vB4 to vB5 than it is to completely different software. I am not complaining or trying to cause a stir but this is just the opinion of a (small) customer. I wish the vB developers and support employees good luck. I think you'll need it.
    I think this is something very dangerous for them. Upgrading to vB5 is like moving to a new platform. If there are no compelling reasons to move to vB5, it doesn't take much thought to consider a different company if the effort is the same. Honestly, I'm sick of the drama.
    Last edited by dethfire; Fri 14 Sep '12, 8:26am.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Blow
    replied
    I purchased vB4 a few years ago because it was the only choice for me, based on being familiar with it from so many other 3.x forums and the good reputation of vB. I didn't know at the time the company recently changed hands and was now part of a big media corporation.

A few years later after many upgrades and fixes, vB 4.2 is finally stable even though many features (gallery, groups) still leave a lot to desire.

With vB5, I was hoping for a "Wow!!!" first impression. Instead, it was "Yikes!!!". I know many were asking for the release but obviously vB5 is not ready yet. You can only make a first impression once and based on this, I doubt we'll ever be upgrading. Or it will take at least a few years, based on previous vB4 experience.

The initial demo looks bland and is very slow and confusing. Lack of real content and just a basic install doesn't help either. I guess I just expected much more from one of the largest forum software companies. This just looks it was done by amateurs, not a professional software company.

I hope vB management learned form the vB4 introduction and is working really hard to turn this release disaster around. I was waiting for the vB5 release to start a new site and started testing with IPB. Seeing the vB5 demo, IPB is software that is ready to use now and something that vB5 should have been. I am sorry to say but vB5 missed the boat and is too late to be competitive.

It is not more difficult to switch software from vB4 to vB5 than it is to completely different software. I am not complaining or trying to cause a stir but this is just the opinion of a (small) customer. I wish the vB developers and support employees good luck. I think you'll need it.
    This is exactly how I feel. Internet Brands have clearly not learned anything from the colossal cluster**** that was vB 4. I now have serious doubts about the vision and future of the company and the long term viability of the vBulletin software. My feeling is that in a few years it will have been made to look like a dinosaur by more innovative companies.

I am now actively looking for alternatives. This is pretty much the last straw for me. Internet Brands have effectively destroyed vBulletin IMO.

Leave a comment:

• manebe
    replied
    I purchased vB4 a few years ago because it was the only choice for me, based on being familiar with it from so many other 3.x forums and the good reputation of vB. I didn't know at the time the company recently changed hands and was now part of a big media corporation.

A few years later after many upgrades and fixes, vB 4.2 is finally stable even though many features (gallery, groups) still leave a lot to desire.

With vB5, I was hoping for a "Wow!!!" first impression. Instead, it was "Yikes!!!". I know many were asking for the release but obviously vB5 is not ready yet. You can only make a first impression once and based on this, I doubt we'll ever be upgrading. Or it will take at least a few years, based on previous vB4 experience.

The initial demo looks bland and is very slow and confusing. Lack of real content and just a basic install doesn't help either. I guess I just expected much more from one of the largest forum software companies. This just looks it was done by amateurs, not a professional software company.

I hope vB management learned form the vB4 introduction and is working really hard to turn this release disaster around. I was waiting for the vB5 release to start a new site and started testing with IPB. Seeing the vB5 demo, IPB is software that is ready to use now and something that vB5 should have been. I am sorry to say but vB5 missed the boat and is too late to be competitive.

100% agree !
    Last edited by manebe; Fri 14 Sep '12, 7:24am.

Leave a comment:

• fwulfers
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bstillman
    replied
    Fool me once (vB4 pre-order) shame on you. Fool me twice (vB5) shame on me.

Leave a comment:

• Jafo
    replied
    Could someone start a "If you want a refund" thread and keep that out of here? It is off topic.

Leave a comment:

• rudedog1968
    replied
    Also add to your complaint:

- false advert. - most plug-ins when it's been stated there are none at this time
    - not sure if you can use the 125 new features as I don't see that on the main page
    - facebook integration yet there is no privacy policy in regards to facebook - that in itself should be enough for a refund.

Leave a comment:

• Hall of Famer
    replied
    umm I dont think refund has ever been a possible option with VB, unless miracle happens?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Regarding Refunds...

If you're in the US or Canada, you can file a complaint with the BBB to request a refund. It's worked in the past, I used it to get my vB4 refund. This is a direct link to the complaint form.

Explain how the TOS and license changed for the product without notice, and direct them to the list of JIRA bugs.

They have an "A-" BBB rating, so they have given out refunds in the past....

Last edited by Guest; Fri 14 Sep '12, 5:38am.

Leave a comment:

• 14DH01
    replied
    I did not sign the "NDA" ny sold my soul . LOL

Leave a comment:

• oldz442
    replied
    Why? Are you religious or something? Spill your guts. Let's hear it all. People here neeeed and feeeed off it. LOL.

Leave a comment: