A release date would come in very handy - because I almost bought vBulletin 4 CMS the day before rel

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • temp 4
    • Jun 2007

A release date would come in very handy - because I almost bought vBulletin 4 CMS the day before rel

that was a close call. last night I was trying to upgrade my vB4 forum to the suite and was presented with an error message that it wasn't for sale. If I was a few minutes too early, I would've bought vB4 just several hours before vB5 was released. perhaps a release date from now on would come in handy for those not wanting to be screwed over for not waiting a day. :\

anyway, I just bought vB5.

am I the first vB5 customer?
  • Shamil.
    • Feb 2008
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by temp 4
    that was a close call. last night I was trying to upgrade my vB4 forum to the suite and was presented with an error message that it wasn't for sale. If I was a few minutes too early, I would've bought vB4 just several hours before vB5 was released. perhaps a release date from now on would come in handy for those not wanting to be screwed over for not waiting a day. :\

anyway, I just bought vB5.

am I the first vB5 customer?
    I'd say that it'll be released when it's ready.

I bought vBulletin at around 0600 (GMT+1) or 0500Z.
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• temp 4
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Shamil.
      I'd say that it'll be released when it's ready.

I bought vBulletin at around 0600 (GMT+1) or 0500Z.
      that's a good work ethic, but it can screw over some customers.

even shutting down the cart system a week before a new release would help.

Comment

• Shamil.
        • Feb 2008
        • 4.2.X

that's a good work ethic, but it can screw over some customers.

even shutting down the cart system a week before a new release would help.
        Personally, I wasn't expecting this to happen, I'd expect a new website and the demo, but for vB4 to be still sold as the primary product, and not the beta.
        Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
        VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
        vBulletin Hosting and Services
        Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• temp 4
          • Jun 2007

Personally, I wasn't expecting this to happen, I'd expect a new website and the demo, but for vB4 to be still sold as the primary product, and not the beta.
          yeah

maybe it's just me but it kinda feels rushed.

Comment

• jdj
            • Jan 2009
            • 5.1.x

Likewise: I think releasing the beta is fine, there are aspects of the video that look good and I have an open mind about it. However if you bought vB4 Publishing Suite with the CMS, or if you bought vB5 in a rush thinking there's a CMS in it then you may be disappointed in the short-term because at the moment there's no CMS in vB5.

I'd really like a date for when the CMS will be available in vB5.

This picture is from the promotional material promoting vBulletin5 Connect and it says "CMS Related".

I'm guessing that this is why vB5 is currently a beta release because a lot of what is being promoted is [coming soon?] Question is, how soon is soon.

- - - Updated - - -

perhaps a release date from now on would come in handy for those not wanting to be screwed over for not waiting
            It certainly would .
            Last edited by jdj; Wed 12 Sep '12, 2:57am.

Comment