X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rmwebs
    • Nov 2005
    • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Zachery
    Then you are by far the large exception to the industry. I'm not aware of any large software houses where QA can say NO, and anyone would fullstop a release.
    I have to agree with Lizard - the general practice is that if QA deem a product not fit for market - it isnt released.

I did work with one client that avoided this...needless to say the backlash made them rethink next time around.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Paul M
    It is not the resposibility of QA to determine how many queries a page should run.
    That would depend on the company. You'll find most 'decent' software houses will have a QA team that check a number of factors not just 'does it work - CHECK'. I've worked with a number of teams that have a QA department that ask for code to be refactored to speed up certain aspects, including reducing query counts.

Comment

• rudedog1968
      • Feb 2004
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Zachery
      Then you are by far the large exception to the industry. I'm not aware of any large software houses where QA can say NO, and anyone would fullstop a release.

Raises hand

My company's Q/A team has the power to hold a release if said product has issues that would effect the customer. They are the ones that are supporting the product once it's released thus can say if it can be released. I know for a fact that our QA would have never let a public trial be released in the way vB released the vB5 demo. I had our QA manager take a look. I think they are going to use this as an example of how not to let bad products into the public hands.

Then again my company's net worth is just over $22Billion
      Not so Rude, Rudedog FPSadmin.com | twitter | Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 - Games for Windows

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

This thread is terribly off topic and just going to be a bunch of he said, she said banter and accomplish nothing. If anyone wants to try and discuss specific performance issues then they can open a new thread in the proper location.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment