X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andy
    • Jan 2002
    • 4.1.x

Originally posted by DirtRider
    It would seem that when using Firefox the spell checker does not work at all here
    Confirmed the spell check in Firefox does not work on the demo vB5.
    Last edited by Andy; Sat 22 Sep '12, 1:52pm.

Comment

• mikeinjersey
      • Apr 2005

Looks like my idea was pretty much poo-poo'd again.... I still think it would be tremendously popular, if someone's had the balls to not be scared off from minor legal issues.

Originally posted by s.molinari
      Then the community wouldn't be about sharing knowledge or opinion with each other, it would be about forking up money for loosing all the time and forum owners would then make tons of money too on the people who are addicted to gambling. That would make vB5 so much more attractive.

Scott
      Facebook is already starting agreements with certain online gambling companies. (under the covers...or under the table..whatever)

As ridiculous as it may seem, merging people to real money offshore online gambling on Facebook is already happening.. (from certain sneaky apps)

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by mikeinjersey
        Facebook is already starting agreements with certain online gambling companies. (under the covers...or under the table..whatever)

As ridiculous as it may seem, merging people to real money offshore online gambling on Facebook is already happening.. (from certain sneaky apps)
        So... Because Facebook or rather some apps on Facebook are breaking the law, we should as well?

You do know that online gambling, raffles, give-aways and contests are illegal in many locations right?
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• sadiq6210
          • Jun 2004
          • 3.6.x

Will you add more issues to Beta11 ?
          Because I noticed Beta12 is moved to released versions

Signature test :)

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Beta 11 is currently an internal version, beta 12 I believe is slated to be the next public release.

Comment

• George L
              Former vBulletin Support
              • May 2000
              • 3.8.x

Actually according to Paul, beta12 is another staff only release for now.
              :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
              :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• TLMD
                • Sep 2012
                • 5.6.X

So can we expect Beta 13 being the next public release, or are there no such plans made yet?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                  • Jul 2008

Why does the number matter?

Comment

• sadiq6210
                    • Jun 2004
                    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Joe D.
                    Doesn't matter Joe but I am thinking that it is better to upgrade VB5DEMO to Beta11 than wait for Beta12 or 13
                    The first impression is very important, I see VB4.2 is now good enough but because of the past a lot of people still cannot accept this fact or we can say they cannot accept vb4 series.

I afraid the same thing may repeat with VB5 if you keep Beta10 as a demo for long time so the people will have a bad idea again about VB5 series, what ever you fix in future, the people will say (we will not upgrade because it is very slow with a lot of bugs and .....................) until vb6. it is because of the first impression when they test the Beta release.
                    Last edited by sadiq6210; Sun 23 Sep '12, 5:06am.
                    Signature test :)

Comment

• TLMD
                      • Sep 2012
                      • 5.6.X

Originally posted by Joe D.
                      It's not the number that matters, but if you'd say the next public release will be Beta 23, then we all know many weeks will pass, until we can update our test installations. On the other hand, Beta 13 wouldn't sound that far away.

Comment

• Alfa1
                        • Dec 2005
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by zascok
                        I don't belive there is anyone who puts up a raw commercial product and ask customers to test it for them.
                        Originally posted by Paul M
                        Microsoft.
                        Microsoft provides a free version of the beta software. MS doesn't ask their beta testers to pay for testing the beta software. I find it really strange that IB is charging money for testing out software which is practically in Alpha state and can not be used on live communities.
                        Last edited by Wayne Luke; Sun 23 Sep '12, 3:29pm.
                        I buy 420 forums

Comment

• beishe8
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 4.2.X

Viva la number 14!

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by mikeinjersey
                            Controversial yes, but not officially illegal. Even in the U.S. As long as the wagers take place offshore. Many Americans I believe still do it, and at most only seem to get a slap on the wrist for it.

The Feds announced just before x-mas in 2011 or 2010 , that only promoting or engaging in offshore online sports-betting is in violation of the Wire Act.
                            This thread is not about off-shore gambling or a contest feature in vBulletin. It is not a thread to ask for features or suggestions. Please drop this before more drastic actions need to take place.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• rmd708
                              • Feb 2006

I like the look of vb5, but the single page download size is still showing as over 800kb. In comparison the competition has a d/l size of 97kb. I have used vbulletin for more than a decade, but this is the first time I am seriously considering moving over to another platform. I just can't justify 800kb for each page. I will wait to see the final product before deciding. But basically an upgrade of VB costs the same as buying a new competing product. So it will come down to which has a better future and which is fast and slim.

Comment

• Lizard King
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2004
                                • 3.6.x

I read a code review on an admin forum related to vB5 Connect demo and i am happy i already decided to move away.

Comment