Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Algo
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by zascok
    Fortunately everyone don't have the same mentality than yours...

For every paid softwares, users use to report bugs when they can... (Vbulletin, Xenforo, Windows....)

Comment

• zascok
      • Jul 2012
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Algo
      Fortunately for IB you mean? And now check
      Mark.B signature that says

vBulletin Alpha/Beta Tester
      vBulletin Bug Scrubber
      So basically all he wanted to say , make my job easer and please note there was no "please" and it's considered as an order in England.

Good luck to everyone who haven't had enough of being unpaid tester for IB in vB4 project. Let them take advantages of you while you paying money.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

No, it's not about making a job easier - there have been numerous bugs raised that are specific to individual's setups. I raised bugs that hadn't been come across during testing as they were unique to the way I had my forums/server setup, if I hadn't bothered to report them and have them fixed then other would have had these when the software was made available for download.

Users reporting bugs in vBulletin is not a new thing either, this has been the case since the product was first brought to market. The vB3 beta period was exceptionally long as users reported bugs - they didn't get paid for them either, they did it to help make the software better. You're under no obligation to report anythign but if you don't report them, then you may find yourself waiting even longer for them to get fixed.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• soniceffect
          • Feb 2005
          • 4.2.X

Nope, sorry mate I'm not going to do your testers' job, they are getting paid for that aren't they?
          No we are customers the same as you. But well done on the research.

Just for the record its also a beta product. If your not testing volentarily the same as we are then why would you be using a beta product? If you want something perfect use the latest stable version (4.2) and wait for us testers who are "not paid" to test it to test it "do our job".

We volunteer to make the product better for people like yourself and your post is frankly not only incorrect but insulting.

Also for the record i also paid "good money for thr product"
          Husky Owners Forum - For all Siberian Husky Owners

Comment

• zascok
            • Jul 2012
            • 3.8.x

I remember vB3 since Gamma that was fun, we weren't treated as £$%^& . And vB3 was ready to go ever since Gold and the enhancement and development didn't stop up to vB 3.8.4 But even in Beta you could install and use it up-to 85% of potential.

Comment

• soniceffect
              • Feb 2005
              • 4.2.X

I remember vB3 since Gamma that was fun, we weren't treated as £$%^& . And vB3 was ready to go ever since Gold and the enhancement and development didn't stop up to vB 3.8.4
              At which point are you treated like that. All you are essentially asked is to post your bug in the correct area. In vb3 times that would have been this forum. In vb5 times that happens to be jira.

Not sure at which point you expect another paying customer to treat you with the respect you clearly lack for us... Order? I dont think so fella

Comment

• zascok
                • Jul 2012
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by soniceffect
                At which point are you treated like that.

Ever since I start to use vB4.

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

If you don't want to test vB5, don't. If you don't want to report a bug that impacts you don't. But you also shouldn't be upset if it never gets fixed because no one else reported it.

Comment

• borbole
                    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Algo

For every paid softwares, users use to report bugs when they can... (Vbulletin, Xenforo, Windows....)
                    It is another thing to report bugs if you come across them and it is completely a different thing to work for free to test a commercial product. You see the difference?

Comment

• Mark.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Feb 2004
                      • 6.0.X

That is not my problem either. You are making a commercial product, so no one has to report the bags. It's you job to test software are fixed them. I will stay and judge from the far. Then I'll make my decision is your product worth paying money?

I kinda give up paying money for a product just to work as an unpaid beta-tester for while. You want my help -you gonna pay me for that.

Nothing personal-business as usual.
                      I'm not staff. The testing team are unpaid volunteers. I am not a company representative in any way.
                      MARK.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      ------------
                      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                        vBulletin Support
                        • Aug 2002
                        • 5.7.X

OK, now that the tester's position and bug reporting position has been clarified somewhat, let's get back onto topic
                        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Mark.B
                          vBulletin Support
                          • Feb 2004
                          • 6.0.X

I remember vB3 since Gamma that was fun, we weren't treated as £$%^& . And vB3 was ready to go ever since Gold and the enhancement and development didn't stop up to vB 3.8.4 But even in Beta you could install and use it up-to 85% of potential.
                          I installed and ran 4.2.0 live while it was still in beta.
                          MARK.B
                          vBulletin Support
                          ------------
                          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• soniceffect
                            • Feb 2005
                            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Mark.B
                            I installed and ran 4.2.0 live while it was still in beta.
                            You cant have done ... I mean you couldnt have used it up to 85% of its potential, right? LOL

Anyways, as Trevor said, back to topic Personally Im looking forward to the next public beta being put up, so are there any plans for when this might be anyone? Just curious

Comment

• Alfa1
                              • Dec 2005
                              • 3.8.x

It would be nice to get a notification with each new build. This would spark people to start testing again after a new build is installed on the demo.
                              I buy 420 forums

Comment

• Jan Klerks
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Zachery
                                If you don't want to test vB5, don't. If you don't want to report a bug that impacts you don't. But you also shouldn't be upset if it never gets fixed because no one else reported it.
                                I'm just trying to imagine car manufacturers, construction companies or any other business for that matter with this kind of "pay us now and don't complain if it's broken if you don't report it" mentality.

Comment