VB5 Demo Feedback

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AdrianH
    • Sep 2007

Slow, ugly, fails to render correctly in Opera browser. Text and icons disappear behind bars. Looks like a very poor imitation of the latest IPB forum to me. Sorry but I see absolutely NOTHING that would make me want to buy or use this, nothing at all.

I have sites running free software that provides click,drag and drop features has full support and a huge range of add ons that are vastly superior to this.

Comment

• BUDIMAN
      • Jun 2010
      • 3.8.x

You make the biggest mistake by selling this beta vb5 too early....My friend that use IPB is still laughing at his desk right now...

Comment

• craigvm
        • Aug 2012
        • 4.2.X

so i think we can say vb5 is a big fail.come on vbulletin was the best forum software it would be good to see there software to live upto that title now.i wonder what the devs are thinking while reading all these bad comments ?
        www.fordmodified.co.uk
        the home for modified fords

Comment

• Sador
          • Mar 2009
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by craigvm
          so i think we can say vb5 is a big fail.come on vbulletin was the best forum software it would be good to see there software to live upto that title now.i wonder what the devs are thinking while reading all these bad comments ?
          In fairness, I don't think it's fair to blame individual devs for anything.
          When the meteor came crashing to Earth, I bet the dinosaurs were roaring at it in the hope of scaring it away. That didn’t work out so well for them. - Matt.

Comment

• craigvm
            • Aug 2012
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Sador
            In fairness, I don't think it's fair to blame individual devs for anything.
            im not blaming them as we dont know the facts behind it,it may of been that ib pressured them into getting it released asap but who knows but if i designed something and had nothing but bad comments about it i would feel to good about it either way
            www.fordmodified.co.uk
            the home for modified fords

Comment

• doctorsexy
              • May 2011

Originally posted by BUDIMAN
              You make the biggest mistake by selling this beta vb5 too early....My friend that use IPB is still laughing at his desk right now...
              LOL

Looks like IP Board here we come..... hang your head in shame Vbulletin. i hope your taking note of all these bad comments ...
              http://opensezme.co.uk/

Comment

• pokesph
                • Apr 2003

Can we have Jelsoft back please?
                Steve, Webmaster and Admin
                www.pokecommunity.com

Comment

• 14DH01
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 4.2.x

Can we have Jelsoft back please?
                  he visited the demo he had a cardiac crisis devastating.
                  my forum Support bug reports please

Comment

• sebbo
                    • May 2006

Even this is a beta version... You must be joking. I wait to see HUGE improvements before this goes life. Otherwise i´m gone. IP Board here i come...

Comment

• Deimos
                      • Oct 2002
                      • 3.8.x

If only IP Board converted permissions, then we'd be switching.

Comment

• Kirk Fitzgerald
                        • Apr 2012
                        • 4.2.x

Blimey, I visited there yesterday and thought it was a god awful mess, I just registered there today as things looked a heck of a lot better, I am astonished at how much improved it feels today, I don't know if it's just me having got over the initial shock of the 'newness' of vB5 or if radical improvements really have occurred since yesterday.

I have to admit I was hasty yesterday in my opinion, I am coming to really like vB5 now, I am there now having a look around and the more I see as a registered member the more I am liking what I see, darn it, now I am going to have to try to find a way to afford the upgrade.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Ramsesx
                          • Aug 2005
                          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Kirk Fitzgerald
                          Blimey, I visited there yesterday and thought it was a god awful mess, I just registered there today as things looked a heck of a lot better, I am astonished at how much improved it feels today, I don't know if it's just me having got over the initial shock of the 'newness' of vB5 or if radical improvements really have occurred since yesterday.

I have to admit I was hasty yesterday in my opinion, I am coming to really like vB5 now, I am there now having a look around and the more I see as a registered member the more I am liking what I see, darn it, now I am going to have to try to find a way to afford the upgrade.
                          I watched it yesterday and again today. For me it looks the same. Just horrible.

Comment

• Sador
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Kirk Fitzgerald

Well, yesterday it took me 18 seconds to load the page, now it "only" takes about 8. I still get the http error every time I visit. Directory is still empty on each visit. I still get random more http errors when I move around pages. It still loads, then shows, then hides, then shows different stuff. Blogs are still rather ugly.

Honestly, most of the differences I see is in the header, footer and some more content. If I'm missing some miraculous other improvements, please guide me on where to find them. As so far, I can barely get enough enthusiasm to browse vB5, let alone take the time to register.
                            When the meteor came crashing to Earth, I bet the dinosaurs were roaring at it in the hope of scaring it away. That didn’t work out so well for them. - Matt.

Comment

• basilrath
                              • Apr 2006
                              • 4.1.x

I have used Vbulletin for many years now and have to admit the layout looks very simplistic, which if that was the goal then yes you have achieved this but and there is one mighty but.........

It lacks any creativity - by this i mean innovation and depth
                              It lacks any member attraction and magnetic feel - you would look at a site and not give it a second glance
                              It lacks speed unless its dragging something on the back of it?

I have always hated negativity towards any new product given most developers in any field are simply trying to move forward so i do not get pleasure from giving criticism without constructive or remedial advice. That said i have not seen one small section, area or new feature that would inspire myself or indeed anyone to go and purchase this product. I feel strong enough to say i would not use this as a free software...........................

Please rethink your strategy?
                              www.tabletennistalk.co.uk

Comment

• Ingenious
                                • Mar 2008
                                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Sador
                                It still loads, then shows, then hides, then shows different stuff.
                                This aspect makes it so painful to use, even now when it is quicker than yesterday.

Examples:

When I load the vB5 home page, it shows latest activity (slightly messed up), then goes blank, then loads the forum list. Why not just load the forum list to start with? Why do we need to load latest activity THEN hide it????

When I click on a forum, it shows latest activity, then goes blank, then loads the topics, WHY??? Why not just load the topic list, super quick?

When I click on any thread, it loads, then immediately jumps slightly as the font changes immediately after page load. I hate sites that do that!! It does it on EVERY thread page!!

In the first two examples the wrong content, blanking and switching to the right content adds up to 5 seconds to the page, even on a MacBook Pro. I'd hate to try and use this on my netbook or with a mobile internet connection.
                                Fireworks

Comment