Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Solitaire
    • Oct 2010
    • 4.0.x

Very slow. It loads latest activity first and then flashes to the directory tab. Why does it do that if the directory tab is the default? That would be confusing as hell to a first time user because it flashes all this content first and then hides it as it switches tabs.
    Vote for my suggestions here and here

Comment

• asprens
      • Oct 2007
      • 4.2.X

hey demo page is now much faster

What about now ??
      my big love kitabin

Comment

• bryan0070
        • Sep 2007

Hey staff

what is the admin login information for the new vb 5 connect demo board

thanks

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by bryan0070
          Hey staff

what is the admin login information for the new vb 5 connect demo board

thanks
          Only qualified staff and adminstrators have access to the Admin CP. We're not opening that to customers.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Lizard King
            Banned
            • Mar 2004
            • 3.6.x

Wayne ,

Are there any plans to publish blog entries about the new vBulletin 5 Connect concept ?
            I also will like to see https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...enshot-Inside) running in a place if possible as this seems one of the most important , though hidden feature in vBulletin 5 Connect Beta

I still hope , i am making an early decision by judging the beta within current instance , but just try to put yourself in customers shoes. We simply need way more information as current released Beta is no where close to an actual Beta state of any software out there.

Comment

• Khaleal
              • Oct 2009
              • 3.8.x

I hope it's a matter of a bad dream :S
              I would stay with 4.1.11 until I see vBulletin's reaction (fixing bugs of course or starting over!), and if it's not that good, I will move away to another forum software.

Comment

• The Crow
                • Jan 2009
                • 4.2.X

Does the release of vB5 Connect mean that we'll stop getting new features on vBulletin 4 and just bug fixing/security releases?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  • Aug 2000

The demo site isn't as well thought out as it could be. It should have more content, structure and so forth so you can really see how things fit together. Otherwise it is just a big mess of space. I am going to have to think about this, and send off a proposal. Hopefully we can get it working more akin to a real site and maybe a different view will be had.

This isn't to discount the feedback in the thread or the performance issues we're having. Just I think a better presentation can be given.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• intheghost1
                    • Apr 2012
                    • 4.1.x

Thank you very much for vb5 demo.
                    film indir, dizi indir, tek link film indir

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Lizard King
                      Wayne ,

Are there any plans to publish blog entries about the new vBulletin 5 Connect concept ?
                      I also will like to see https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...enshot-Inside) running in a place if possible as this seems one of the most important , though hidden feature in vBulletin 5 Connect Beta

I still hope , i am making an early decision by judging the beta within current instance , but just try to put yourself in customers shoes. We simply need way more information as current released Beta is no where close to an actual Beta state of any software out there.
                      I'd rather not step on the toes of the Marketing or Business team and say one thing or another.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Solitaire
                        • Oct 2010
                        • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                        The demo site isn't as well thought out as it could be. It should have more content, structure and so forth so you can really see how things fit together. Otherwise it is just a big mess of space. I am going to have to think about this, and send off a proposal. Hopefully we can get it working more akin to a real site and maybe a different view will be had.

This isn't to discount the feedback in the thread or the performance issues we're having. Just I think a better presentation can be given.
                        Thank you, Wayne for this acknowledgement, because it was certainly a shock to those of us who expected more from the screen shots that were presented earlier.
                        Vote for my suggestions here and here

Comment

• lostincable
                          • Mar 2009

I think you are right on this front as the confusing thing for me is when you get to the site you see one forum link and then a heap of comments.

Even if you could just add a couple of forums / sub forums to expand the list it would make it easier to use and understand.

I think the overall issue for me is the activity stream and everyone on my VB4 site complained big time when it was launched.

I know we aren't dealing with the change well but to us old timers its just confusing !

Comment

• Alfa1
                            • Dec 2005
                            • 3.8.x

Tables are completely different. There are no thread, post, blog, etc... tables. Even if the same IDs were kept there would be collisions. Which ID #1 do you take? Blog, Forum, Social Group, Thread?
                            As 99% of the sites have far more threads than anything else, I would certainly keep threadIDs.
                            I buy 420 forums

Comment

• mentalrz
                              • Sep 2004
                              • 1.1.x

Holy balls batman. First impressions are ;
                              - sluggish
                              - clean content
                              - poor design
                              - what the heck is the new quote feature?

out of 10? 2.

Comment

• slinky
                                • Mar 2001
                                • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Alfa1
                                As 99% of the sites have far more threads than anything else, I would certainly keep threadIDs.
                                I would agree with this statement. vBulletin has been primarily a forum for 12 years. Does 1 site in 1000 even use the blogs and CMS to any reasonable degree? While I applaud the desire to take a better look at expanding the scope of the product, the reality is that most customers would sooner ditch the secondary modules than mess with the integrity of their forum's functionality. One might consider vB5 an entirely new and different product that makes continuity from VB4 to VB5 a somewhat large leap.
                                My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment