Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • craigvm
    • Aug 2012
    • 4.2.X

is that really the best they can do it reminds me of some free forums by the look of it very basic dont think i`d use it if it was free and i know it may not be the final version but why put something on sale that bad vb4 blows it away vb5 has a long way to go
    www.fordmodified.co.uk
    the home for modified fords

Comment

• sadiq6210
      • Jun 2004
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by cellarius
      Mind you:
      But this should be alpha only
      for example I cannot imagine that the alpha team finished from Alpha stage and they didn't notice that (online/offline) feature is not working !

There are many clear bugs should be fixed during the Alpha stage only.
      They should make sure before move from Alpha to Beta that a normal visitor like me cannot find more than 10 bugs after explorer the forum for 5 minutes only.
      Signature test :)

Comment

• Lizard King
        Banned
        • Mar 2004
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by joeychgo
        It is beta though Mert, dont forget that. Remember how bad the initial vb3 beta was?

I know it is a Beta but that doesn't lower my concerns Joey. I thought IB had learned their lesson on not to put any half baked script out there in front of customers. I expected a way higher quality within the initial beta version they will put out to market. This product seems to have at least 3-4 months prior to even get in RC release. Even then there are many things i personally don't like :
        1. Tables are back to vBulletin to display many different content
        2. There are too much CSS usage even with table usage
        3. I don't see any improved SEO , in fact it is even worse then vB3 ( just check the amount of useless content on forumdisplay page prior to actual content you want SE's to index )
        4. Notices require to be deleted ( come on , vBulletin uses cookies since ages )
        5. Everything even a simple click requires additional http and js calls , isn't it too much ?
        6. Where is the actual forum exprience ? The idea of changing it may be wise but can you consider the usability of forums within very active forums ( we receive 20k posts per day )
        7. Page loading time is a major issue for us. Page speed is critical for keeping users on board and getting better SE rankings.

Comment

• digitalpoint
          • Mar 2004
          • 4.1.x

Some observations about the notifications...

1. Why notify me when I reply to something? I'm the one doing it, I don't need a notification letting me know I did something.

2. Why give me a notification that says nothing but, "This notification it's not relevant anymore." Super useful... how about just not show it to me to begin with?

3. Why are notifications in the privatemessage/index URL and under inbox and requests?

Other things...

1. QUOTE BBCode doesn't work.

2. If I was a user of a site using vB5, I would never come back... firstly because it's so slow. Even if it wasn't slow, it's just not intuitive. I feel like I need a reference book just to find anything.

3. SEO is still poor and it's generating a unique URL for every post (massive amounts of duplicate content).
          Sphinx Search for vBulletin 4: https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com...tin-4.870/item
          Someone send me a message on Twitter when this site is usable again. https://twitter.com/digitalpoint

Comment

• cellarius
            • Aug 2005
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by sadiq6210
            But this should be alpha only
            for example I cannot imagine that the alpha team finished from Alpha stage and they didn't notice that (online/offline) feature is not working !

There are many clear bugs should be fixed during the Alpha stage only.
            They should make sure before move from Alpha to Beta that a normal visitor like me cannot find more than 10 bugs after explorer the forum for 5 minutes only.
            I don't dispute all that. And neither was it my intention. I just stated that that number will likely rise fast/daily. Not more and not less. I also think that it will not break the NDA if I say that it obviously is not the alpha team who decides whether a version is beta material or not.

Comment

• digitalpoint
              • Mar 2004
              • 4.1.x

Who was the genius that thought no less than FOURTY CSS CLASSES on a single HTML tag was a good idea? lol

Code:
              <html id="htmlTag" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:fb="http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml" xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" dir="ltr" class=" js flexbox no-touch hashchange history rgba hsla multiplebgs backgroundsize borderimage borderradius boxshadow textshadow opacity cssanimations csscolumns cssgradients cssreflections csstransforms csstransforms3d csstransitions fontface generatedcontent cookies no-bgpositionshorthand cssfilters lastchild boxsizing mediaqueries no-overflowscrolling cssremunit subpixelfont pointerevents cssresize cssscrollbar filereader placeholder fileinput formvalidation no-firefox">
              Sphinx Search for vBulletin 4: https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com...tin-4.870/item
              Someone send me a message on Twitter when this site is usable again. https://twitter.com/digitalpoint

Comment

• Deimos
                • Oct 2002
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by digitalpoint
                Who was the genius that thought no less than FOURTY CSS CLASSES on a single HTML tag was a good idea? lol
                Probably the same people who brought us the CMS and signed off on it, weren't they also supposed to be working on VB5? :P

It's a horrible product to use as a user though, imo.

It's like a vanilla....vanilla-hybrid-facebook website.

Comment

• Kirk Fitzgerald
                  • Apr 2012
                  • 4.2.x

A lot of my members are in their senior years, they are finding vB4 difficult to navigate and understand, vB5 is nothing short of useless to my site, I really don't see how my members are going to understand what on earth is going on, I found it difficult to figure out what was what, I was really looking forward to upgrading to vB5, but I certainly wont be now I have seen what it looks like, way too 'far out' for most of my members, what a tragic shame.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Lizard King
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2004
                    • 3.6.x

Blog entries look exactly the same as threads , which seems weird as hell imo.

Comment

• Andy
                      • Jan 2002
                      • 4.1.x

Thank you for the demo.

Comment

• philg
                        • Nov 2005

I gotta say, one thing I do really like are the profile pages and features they have.. They're very nice..

Comment

• Shamil.
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 4.2.X

Where are half of the posts from here gone?
                          Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                          VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                          vBulletin Hosting and Services
                          Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• rudedog1968
                            • Feb 2004
                            • 3.8.x

I created a test post to test image upload and posting in said thread. I replied to my post several times and noticed

At first, my 3rd post was marked as my 4th then noticed the other posts had different post counts next to my name. So in the same thread it looks like i'm 4-5 different people - because of the post count.

I know I can be very harsh on vB but who decided to make this very bad/early alpha public? I don't have much faith, when the rest of the pieces are released (CMS/Mobile/...). My but tells me it's going to look, feel and perform like a kludge
                            Not so Rude, Rudedog FPSadmin.com | twitter | Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 - Games for Windows

Comment

• sadiq6210
                              • Jun 2004
                              • 3.6.x

In Forumdisplay (topics)
                              How can I know if I have a post inside this thread?
                              I cannot see this icon (Click image for larger version

Name:	thread_dot-16-right.png
Views:	1
Size:	700 Bytes
ID:	3690267) like vb3/vb4
                              Signature test :)

Comment

• smackLAN
                                • Mar 2005
                                • 3.8.x

One positive thing I will give IB on, at least they have put this out there for everyone to see and mess around with in advance of calling it Gold.
                                RazorThemes ~ Cutting Edge Designs

Comment