Clear All
  • Janmaat
    • Mar 2008

You mean this?

Comment

• Super Cat
      • Jan 2005
      • 4.2.X

I bought and my first look is wow. Wow because there is still alot of work for them to do, and wow because there is so much you can do with this without going to Admincp. I hoping next version comes out soo. Beta 11 or 56 or whatever to see what has been fixed. Because of colors on certain pages, you don't know some things are there. Once you find them you are saying man that is nice. Some stylevars aren't working but I've already was told there were issues.
      Once they get things fixed this will be nice as far working with it as owners or admins, but I don't see it much better for members at the moment. Keep in mind I've only worked with this for one day. But it has the wow factor. Wow I figured it would be better even in beta. Wow this should be fun to work with when it becomes true gold.
      My guess is Gold won't be reach for another couple of months.

Comment

• beishe8
        • Oct 2005
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Super Cat
        ...Wow because there is still alot of work for them to do...
        25 hours a day 8 days a week...
        Paul's going to be rich in 2 years time.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Super Cat
          • Jan 2005
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by beishe8
          25 hours a day 8 days a week...
          Paul's going to be rich in 2 years time.
          Hey you stretch it out so there is job security.

Comment

• rudedog1968
            • Feb 2004
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Janmaat
            WOW - That is what I was afraid of. Not only the code but what Shawn has to say (based off his comments linked from the thread above).

I'm getting ready to make an investment for upgrading my forums/site for 2013. Unless vB gets it's act together, upper management gets a clue, EULA gets fixed/clarified and now the code gets ..... better, VB has lost another customer - ME.
            Not so Rude, Rudedog FPSadmin.com | twitter | Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 - Games for Windows

Comment

• lostincable
              • Mar 2009

So Beta 11 is up on the demo site....

What changed?

Its still as slow as a wet weasel!

I am really trying to like the program but its just so slow its incredibly annoying.

So I went to one of the competitors and bought a licence to try out there software (Name withheld but take a guess).

Here is what I found with the competitors software -

1) It worked out of the box with NGINX, no configuration redirects etc required

2) The speed of loading pages is blistering fast, I have often blamed my VPS for the slow VB4 site but the competitors software blows it away

When will we see the main issue of the demo addressed and that is speed?

Comment

• Cowboysfan
                • Nov 2004
                • 4.2.X

I was wondering the same thing about the beta 11 release. Didn't notice anything different, though I can't make myself go any further than the initial goofy page loads that take forever. Losing hope guys.

Comment

• lostincable
                  • Mar 2009

Its amazing that two weeks has passed since the initial release and the slow loading has not been addressed.

If I was the company owner and saw the feedback coming through as it had the main focus would have been for everyone to address the speed issues.

Demo / Beta aside I am trying to like it but I am getting the feeling the development cycles of this product are going to be like VB4 and its pushing me and many others further and further away.

Why would I wait for weeks / months for VBulletin to be repaired just so pages can be loaded in a normal speed when I can purchase a competitor software and it works straight out of the fox 10000 times faster?

Don't get me wrong, I want to like VBulletin as it has made my forum what it is today but this type of release cycle is not what we all expected and I would hope the speed issues get top priority but alas it just doesn't seem to be the case as in traditional Vbulletin style.

Comment

• Cowboysfan
                    • Nov 2004
                    • 4.2.X

They spent a long, long, time getting to vbulletin 5 to the level it was for beta 10. And released it for us to see, I guess thinking we might somehow like it. If it took that long to get to the quality of beta 10, it scares me to think how long it will take to get to a legitimate gold version. It took vb4 all the way to 4.2 to be a somewhat quality gold version.

Comment

• Hemanth
                      • Nov 2005
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Cowboysfan
                      If it took that long to get to the quality of beta 10, it scares me to think how long it will take to get to a legitimate gold version.
                      2+ years or just in time for vB6.
                      something...

Comment

• Sushubh
                        • Apr 2007

just installed vb5b11... facebook connectivity does not work on my install. funny enough, b11 forced me to update mysql on my server. b10 did not ask for the newer mysql edition.

Comment

• DirtRider
                          • Apr 2009
                          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Andy
                          Confirmed the spell check in Firefox does not work on the demo vB5.
                          Well I hope they fix it

Comment

• Sushubh
                            • Apr 2007

same case on chrome. spell checker does not work on chrome too!

Comment

• Mark.B
                              vBulletin Support
                              • Feb 2004
                              • 6.0.X

Originally posted by lostincable
                              Its amazing that two weeks has passed since the initial release and the slow loading has not been addressed.
                              The demo is still running Beta 11. Speed issues are being addressed in subsequent builds. Therefore any improvements won't show on the demo until it is updated to a later build.
                              MARK.B
                              vBulletin Support
                              ------------
                              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Sushubh
                                just installed vb5b11... facebook connectivity does not work on my install. funny enough, b11 forced me to update mysql on my server. b10 did not ask for the newer mysql edition.
                                Is your install behind .htaccess? Facebook Connect doesn't work when hidden behind .htaccess. I understand this is a limitation of Facebook, not vBulletin.
                                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                                vBulletin 5 API

Comment