Looks like a forum now....

Seems better

Comment

• borbole
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by lostincable
      Looks like a forum now....

Seems better
      I agree, now it looks better indeed. It is shaped up. Maybe it will get some used to.

Comment

• Alfa1
        • Dec 2005
        • 3.8.x

What I would like to see in this demo so that it gives a better presentation:

1. - a video gallery, similar to the photo gallery here: http://www.vbulletin.com/vb5demo/for...um/photos-only
        2. - a youtube type display for videos
        3. - multiple pages of photo's so that navigation becomes visible
        4. - widgets on forumdisplay
        5. - A channel dedicated to link posting, to show off how that works.
        6. - Blogs main page: definitely a better layout, so it actually looks like a blog. Example: http://www.techcrunch.com
        7. - Blog content page: definitely a better layout so it looks like a blog article. Now it looks like a forum post. Example: http://news.cnet.com/8301-33617_3-57...g-as-a-leader/
        8. - Widgets on all blog pages
        9. - Make profiles look more like social networking profiles
        10. - Profile friends module
        11. - Profile video widget
        12. - profile music player widget
        13. - Profile: widget to show content I have rated
        14. - Profie and forum: latest statusses widget
        15. - More groups and group categories.

I am guessing aroudn a bit about available modules, but requestign these anyway as I think this would give a much better user experience and testing possibility.
        I buy 420 forums

Comment

• Super Cat
          • Jan 2005
          • 4.2.X

Looks better but something is wrong. Everytime I try to go to Demo Question and Answer forum. IE 9 closes.
          I seem to be able to go anywhere else but that forum. Is it a private forum and no one will give me the pass code

Comment

• Stallyon
            • Mar 2005
            • 4.2.X

IE 9 crashes for me when I try to click a forum, and Chrome logs me in, then out, then says my username and password is wrong when I try to login in again.
            A computer without Microsoft Windows is like a chocolate cake without mustard.
            vBulletin user since March 2004, joined forum a year later, migration from vBulletin began April 2013. After 6 years of negativity, even old die-hard fans lose faith.

Comment

• Super Cat
              • Jan 2005
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Stallyon
              IE 9 crashes for me when I try to click a forum, and Chrome logs me in, then out, then says my username and password is wrong when I try to login in again.
              They are redoing Demo daily so you have to sign up again each day.

Comment

• pokesph
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Super Cat
                They are redoing Demo daily so you have to sign up again each day.
                what? That's nuts. why would they wipe all the users? makes no sense to me at all and in fact as they add features and what not, will make it harder to see how the changes effect things
                Steve, Webmaster and Admin
                www.pokecommunity.com

Comment

• Paul K
                  • Jun 2010

What also frustrates me, I can no longer use the back button.

Comment

• Super Cat
                    • Jan 2005
                    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by pokesph
                    what? That's nuts. why would they wipe all the users? makes no sense to me at all and in fact as they add features and what not, will make it harder to see how the changes effect things
                    This is what was said earlier in this thread.
                    Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                    On the demo? just create a new account...

We're going to start wiping it "clean" every day in the near future as it is.

Comment

• liamwli
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 4.2.X

Is there a vB5 admin demo somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by pokesph
                        Maybe there was change on user table on database, so they had to wipe users.

my feedback : nested comment within a post is very "social media"... Not suitable for forum imho.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by semprot
                          Maybe there was change on user table on database, so they had to wipe users.

my feedback : nested comment within a post is very "social media"... Not suitable for forum imho.
                          It is a feature you can disable. Like with most new things, some people like it, some do not.

Comment

• cellarius
                            • Aug 2005
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by s.molinari
                            I'd love to hear from someone who likes the new comment system, why they like it.
                            There have been some use cases been brought forward, but most of them were linked to an integration into the permission system, which has (not yet???) happened. Like for Admin/Mod-Comments on a post, either completely internal, for the poster or for all to read.

Comment

• zascok
                              • Jul 2012
                              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by s.molinari
                              I'd love to hear from someone who likes the new comment system, why they like it.

Scott
                              I don't like it Very confusing if open for all. To make quotation easer all you had to do is use Vitalys hack "quote selected text" taht will save you lots of time and hassle with qutes and multiqutes, buttons and ovequoting in posts fro us etc. But as I said before I see the potential of nested coments if it can be used by certain user-groups (admins and mods for instance)

What ^
                              cellarius said

Comment

• Sador
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by cellarius
                                There have been some use cases been brought forward, but most of them were linked to an integration into the permission system, which has (not yet???) happened. Like for Admin/Mod-Comments on a post, either completely internal, for the poster or for all to read.
                                That's actually a rather nifty use for it.
                                When the meteor came crashing to Earth, I bet the dinosaurs were roaring at it in the hope of scaring it away. That didn’t work out so well for them. - Matt.

Comment