X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdj
    • Jan 2009
    • 5.1.x

I wish....

When vB3 changed to vB4 I changed early...and found it was a lot of effort to learn to work with the changes and get to know where the bugs were. So I'm using vB4 but unlike before I've waited to upgrade my live site to avoid having the problems on the live site as I did with vB4 when it first came out. It's a fair bit of effort to make the change.

I've been having a few problems on my vBulletin 5 test site with posts going to moderation. So I'm just looking at permissions to see what's changed with the introduction of the channels. It has been a while (two years now?) since vB5 came out but I've not been able to consider using it until now because of the absence of the CMS; we use the CMS, the blogs and the calendar, never had much success with the Groups.

Just looking at "channel management" there is a "channel permissions manager".

Within the "channel permissions manager" you can pick a usergroup, e.g. administrators.

Having chosen to edit a usergroup, looking down the list you have subsections which are "Edit Channel Permissions", "Forum Permissions", "Moderator Permissions", and "Create Permissions."

Within the "Create Permissions" section you have "can create channel", "can create text/posts", "can create report" and "can create calendar".....

I really wish this last button "can create calendar" actually worked as it would make all this effort seem more worthwhile....
    Last edited by jdj; Tue 21 Oct '14, 6:15am.