X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdj
    • Jan 2009
    • 5.1.x

Can't log in to Jira: Bug here for whoever wants it

I can't log in to Jira, I've no idea why.

In the meantime I'm testing out vB5 on my test installation. Can't work out why posts are turning up in the moderation queue for registered users set up to be able to post. Some of the posts are showing up at Control Panel Home under "Posts to moderate". If I hit the underscored blue "view" next to posts to moderate I get the following error message

"Invalid page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."

Guessing this is a bug.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Do you have akismet enabled?

Comment

• jdj
      • Jan 2009
      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Zachery
      Do you have akismet enabled?
      Not that I know of: Is this a built in feature of vBulletin 5?

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Yes, under the Spam Management Settings for the Settings > Options area.

Comment

• jdj
          • Jan 2009
          • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Zachery
          Yes, under the Spam Management Settings for the Settings > Options area.
          I've just checked and that setting is set to "no".

I'm wondering whether the issue I'm facing with posts needing moderating (leaving aside the issue of the fact that the link to the posts from the admincp home area does not work) is due to my lack of understanding of channel management.

Where do I see the "owner" of a channel? Where is this setting?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Forums don't have owners. Only Blogs and Groups have owners. Owners allow additional permissions to be given to the creator of the blog and/or group so they can moderate the content on their channels.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

Sorted the JIRA issue though, via support ticket...just a cookie problem.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                Former vBulletin Developer
                • Mar 2011
                • 5.7.X

Check to see if "Follow Channel Moderation Rules (If no, posts are always placed into moderation queue)" permission is set to Yes for the Registered Users for that particular forum(s).

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• jdj
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                  Forums don't have owners. Only Blogs and Groups have owners. Owners allow additional permissions to be given to the creator of the blog and/or group so they can moderate the content on their channels.
                  OK, so where do I see the "owner" of a channel? If I go to AdminCP, Channel Management, and choose either Groups, or a group I've created, under the 'Controls' column my options are to Add Moderators or List Moderators, not owners. So where do I check the "owner" of a group or blog?

Edit: I'm guessing that "channel owners" don't exist as such. It's just a new default usergroup. Is that right? Or does "channel owner" just mean the registered user who created the blog, or the registered user that created the group? But even if that's right, where do you go to to check the "channel owner".
                  Last edited by jdj; Fri 3 Oct '14, 5:04am.

Comment

• jdj
                    • Jan 2009
                    • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
                    Check to see if "Follow Channel Moderation Rules (If no, posts are always placed into moderation queue)" permission is set to Yes for the Registered Users for that particular forum(s).
                    That's what I normally do on my live site. What's confusing me on my test site is that even users set up with administrator privileges are having their posts labelled as "unauthorised". I'm guessing it's because not all the channels are set up with moderators but I don't really understand the difference yet between a "channel owner" and a moderator.

Comment

• jdj
                      jdj commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I've got "follow forum moderation rules" set to yes for registered users as normal but looking at the "channels" I'm wondering whether the problem is that setting that says under Posting Options "Moderate Unpublished Starters" which is currently set to no. Trouble is there's no little question mark indicating a pop up help menu here that tells me what the "yes" and "no" settings are. But I'm guessing if it's set to "no" then whatever "unpublished starters" may be, they get added to the moderation queue.

• glennrocksvb
                      glennrocksvb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't know what exactly the "Moderate Unpublished Starters" setting does but there is this little italic text below it that says "Normally set only for CMS Articles channels."

• jdj
                      jdj commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I know, I've seen that: On my test site I've now got moderate unpublished starters set to yes in the CMS area, no in the forums.
                  • jdj
                    • Jan 2009
                    • 5.1.x

I'm very confused by this "channel owner" business. Moderators and administrators I get. Channel owners seems to be some default usergroup that gets created when you upgrade from vB4 to vB5. My best guess was that this "channel owner" group was just a default usergroup set up with the permission to create "channels." However, when I go to the "channel owner" usergroup whose settings I have not yet changed, in AdminCP, Usergroup Manager, under the "Create Permissions" section the first radio button which is "can create channel" is set to "no." So I got that wrong then.

I get the idea of being able to delegate parts of the site to be moderated by others. In fact, I was quite excited by the ModCP the first time I noticed it, but I believe those functions are going to be taken over by "site builder".

How do I check the "channel owner" for any given "channel"?
                    Last edited by jdj; Fri 3 Oct '14, 5:41am.

Comment

• jdj
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 5.1.x

Decided to create a new topic about this at this thread.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...nd-a-moderator

Comment