X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ibeauty
    • Sep 2010
    • 3.8.x

Performance issue.

My installation of VB5 Connect runs very slow on saving options in admincp. It is so slow that working with it is almost impossible. Single request takes about 2 min. and I'm never sure if it had saved properly. I suspect it is some cache issue. When i change something like forum/channels order changes are visible on site only when I clear cache. And when I save an option i admincp there are some slow queries to database

DELETE FROM vbullet_cache WHERE `cacheid` = 'vbnodetext171030_3_0:f65fae613801a9cd29f083d9249dc224'

After this query ends server send response for request.

What can I do to optimize it?
  • ibeauty
    • Sep 2010
    • 3.8.x

Is this a support forum for licensed members or what?

Comment

• ibeauty
      • Sep 2010
      • 3.8.x

How to disable database cache in admincp at all, because queries like /** saveDbCache */ INSERT INTO vbullet_cache (cacheid,expires,created,locktime,serialized,data) OR DELETE FROM vbullet_cache WHERE `cacheid` = 'vbnodetext171030_3_0:f65fae613801a9cd29f083d9249dc224' , are very slow and are logged into the slow queries log. Every change of option takes like 2 minutes.

I've tried to change config.php

//$config['Cache']['class'][0] = 'vB_Cache_Db'; //regular cache
      $config['Cache']['class'][1] = 'vB_Cache_Memory'; //fastest cache
      $config['Cache']['class'][2] = 'vB_Cache_APC'; //largest cache and longest life.

But there is no information how this exacly works. Does vb takes first available from the list and tries to use it. Or vb is using all of them in different cases or all of them at once?

If I activate vB_Cache_Filesystem I get this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 204547 bytes) in /home/ibeauty/sites/ibeauty.pl/public_html/forum/core/vb/utilities.php on line 35

Most of all, how to disable DB cache?

Comment

• ibeauty
        • Sep 2010
        • 3.8.x

When I use Xcache i get:

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch_userinfo_value() on a non-object in /home/ibeauty/sites/ibeauty.pl/public_html/forum/core/vb/api/state.php on line 316

Comment

• IcEWoLF
          • Jul 2008
          • 4.1.x

vBulletin is a total mess right now, I haven't played around with any caching systems with vB...I honestly would suggest sticking with APC over XCACHE at this stage.
          The 47 Ronin Gaming - www.47r-squad.com

Comment

• ibeauty
            • Sep 2010
            • 3.8.x

Yes, I had used APC for now and it works fine. Well vB_Cache_Db is slower than no chace O.o

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

Switch back to the db cache, are you sure xcache is installed and configured correctly to allow caching?

If you're getting slow queries to the cache table, truncate it.

Comment

• ibeauty
                • Sep 2010
                • 3.8.x

XCache was configured correctly. Now I'm using APC and it works fine. DB Cache don't work fine, it is slow, slower than no cache at all. Cache table was truncated, optimized and repaired multiple times. Didn't work.

You still didn't answered me how this configuration works:

Originally posted by ibeauty
                I've tried to change config.php

//$config['Cache']['class'][0] = 'vB_Cache_Db'; //regular cache
                $config['Cache']['class'][1] = 'vB_Cache_Memory'; //fastest cache
                $config['Cache']['class'][2] = 'vB_Cache_APC'; //largest cache and longest life.

But there is no information how this exacly works. Does vb takes first available from the list and tries to use it. Or vb is using all of them in different cases or all of them at once?

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

How much storage do you have available in xcache? You likely wont be able to eliminate the db cache. The dbcache works fine for most cases. However, optimizing, and repairing the table does nothing to increase its speeds. Truncating it empties the table and rebuilds it from scratch.

How big is your cache table getting? I promise you, its not slower than no cache.

Have you disabled guest caching?

Comment

• ibeauty
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 3.8.x

Guest caching? I don't know this option.

Could you at last explain me how this configuration code works?

PHP Code:
                    $config['Cache']['class'][0] = 'vB_Cache_Db'//regular cache
                    $config['Cache']['class'][1] = 'vB_Cache_Memory'//fastest cache
                    $config['Cache']['class'][2] = 'vB_Cache_APC'//largest cache and longest life.

But there is no information how this exacly worksDoes vb takes first available from the list and tries to use it. Or vb is using all of them in different cases or all of them at once
                    Here is my actual Cache configuration and it works fine:

PHP Code:
                    $config['Cache']['class'][0] = 'vB_Cache_APC'//regular cache
                    $config['Cache']['class'][1] = 'vB_Cache_Memory'//fastest cache
                    $config['Cache']['class'][2] = 'vB_Cache_APC'//largest cache and longest life. 

Comment

• Zachery
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Jul 2002

Really, don't change class 2, leave that as DB, you'd want to change class 0 to APC.

Guest caching is a setting in the AdminCP under Settings > Options to disable it set it to 0 and clear the system cache.

Comment