X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdj
    • Jan 2009
    • 5.1.x

Quick user finder does not appear to work

I'm just getting my head around vBulletin 5 on my test installation and I'm in the early stages.

If I go to the bottom right hand corner to the link that says "Mod" this takes me to the Moderator Control Panel.

If I go to the box that says "Quick User Finder" and input anything at all, the column on the left remains, the title at the top of the screen saying "moderator control panel" remains, but the rest of the screen is a white screen with an error message in it saying.
    There is a serious error and the page cannot be rendered

I'm guessing it's not my installation that is failing because if I hit "control panel home" and choose "search for users" then that function works. Guessing this is a bug.
  • jdj
    • Jan 2009
    • 5.1.x

If I go to the Quick user finder today (from the Mod button at bottom right of the screen), input a name I know to be on the site, or even just one letter from a name and hit "enter" I now get
    Critical Error

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please check back in 24 hours.

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

The modcp is deprecated in 5, quite a bit of it won't work. Moderation is done via the front end.
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• jdj
        • Jan 2009
        • 5.1.x

If I hit "control panel home" from the moderator control panel, it does not take me to control panel home.

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

Like I said, it's deprecated. Some bits work, other bits don't, nothing is going to be fixed within it.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

The controls on the left should work for the most part. The primary reason it is still available is for the User Banning functionality. Once that gets moved to the front end, we will most likely remove the ModCP completely.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• jdj
              • Jan 2009
              • 5.1.x

Presumably however the admincp (back end) will remain for the foreseeable future and that won't be "deprecated" to the front end because so much of what's in the front end doesn't work.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                • Aug 2000

The modcp and admincp are two separate tools. The quick user finder in the Admin CP does work. Not sure what you mean by "much of what's in the front end doesn't work" though.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• jdj
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 5.1.x

Style manager doesn't work that well in the front end....can't edit what you've just produced. Having a few problems with images at the moment on my test site, don't know why as the error messages don't give you any idea of what's wrong...

On the moderator question, "..functionality deprecated to the front end", at the moment I'm busy skinning my test site and trying to get to grips with the changes in order that I can then give my moderators access to the test site and let them get used to it: For a moderator who previously had access to the moderator control panel, the easiest way to get to that used to be to click the "mod" link at the bottom of the page. I can see that you can get rid of that link using site builder and editing the footer, which I've now done because the fact it doesn't work will only cause confusion. But if functionality has been "deprecated" to the front end, where in the front end do I now send my moderators?

Comment

• Mark.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by jdj
                    Style manager doesn't work that well in the front end....can't edit what you've just produced. Having a few problems with images at the moment on my test site, don't know why as the error messages don't give you any idea of what's wrong...

On the moderator question, "..functionality deprecated to the front end", at the moment I'm busy skinning my test site and trying to get to grips with the changes in order that I can then give my moderators access to the test site and let them get used to it: For a moderator who previously had access to the moderator control panel, the easiest way to get to that used to be to click the "mod" link at the bottom of the page. I can see that you can get rid of that link using site builder and editing the footer, which I've now done because the fact it doesn't work will only cause confusion. But if functionality has been "deprecated" to the front end, where in the front end do I now send my moderators?
                    The tools are inline, plus if you click "Messages", threads that need appproval, reported posts (now called "flag reports") and suchlike are there.
                    MARK.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    ------------

Comment

• jdj
                      jdj commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So presumably the moderator gets a message or warning somewhere when they log in that something they're responsible for moderating needs moderating? What about adding new users to groups? Where does that appear?