Bug fixes for 5.0.5 - When are they going to happen?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattewan
    • Sep 2013
    • 5.0.X

Bug fixes for 5.0.5 - When are they going to happen?

Hello,

I reported a bug in 5.0.5 back at the beginning of October which basically means I can't use guest posting on my forums which is a requirement for me.

I have just checked the bug tracker and nothing has been done with this: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-11505

This is concerning as it has been over two months.

Would I still be eligable for a refund at this point? As I would have expected bugs to be fixed within days, weeks at most, not months?

I understand there are lots of bugs in the tracker, but again this isn't the customers fault, but more a quality issue with the software itself, and maybe more resources should be put in to fixing the issues rather than making customers wait long periods of time for fixes.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Bugs are fixed in order of priority and the number of users. This one is currently in the backlog to be reviewed from future versions like 5.1.1 or 5.1.2. If it ends up affecting more people the priority can be increased. Right now we're testing 5.1.0 which also fixes a number of long standing issues. If the bug you linked to is critical to you, you should add a comment, vote for it or watch it. All three items will help increase its priority. Currently it has six votes and we're working on issues with 30 or more votes.

Refunds can be requested within 60 days and before the software is downloaded and installed.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...