X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TLMD
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.6.X

Originally posted by DaSpamer
    If they said vBulletin 5.1.0 should get out this year, then it should be released in like 2>? months?
    Constant work is being done on vB 5.1, so this is very likely (though not guaranteed).

As for the slowness: I don't find vB5 that slow anymore, especially compared to the very early versions. In fact, I can browse this forum quite fast. I agree though, that it could still need some improvements.

Comment

• allanh
      • Apr 2003
      • 3.6.x

My main issues with vBulletin are 2 things:
      1. I haven't seen a single customized vBulletin 5 forum with more than 1 million posts on the net... in fact, I could hardly find 1 single customized VB5 that is live
      2. From what I heard, the coding of VB5 is quite messy ( I am not a programmer, so can only go by what I read) and my impression is that to fix the problem of VB5 , basically the entire code need to be re-written, which I do not think is going to happen with patches.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
        • Jun 2002

Originally posted by DaSpamer
        Me personally, really like vB5.
        I'm facing slow loading, bugs, and some other features that I'm not capable.
        But It's cool to me, since it's still in beta.

When vBulletin 5 will be at it's final, it'll be a blast.
        I use vBulletin to allow user to discuss about whatever they want (but many of them simply don't..), and to update information and any add-ons I made to my product, and to handle subscription and obtain user data.

If they said vBulletin 5.1.0 should get out this year, then it should be released in like 2>? months?
        Keep drinking the kool-aid
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Esaam
          • Jun 2010

I installed a 5.1.2 bulletin from scratch with memcached on a 4 core with 12GB ram and SAS disks using fcgi for php. No add ons or themes or anythings and it is way too slow. So slow, it is not acceptable. I find this very regrettable and it worries me for the future.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

You should really start your own thread/ticket, but memcached by itself does nothing.

Comment

• Amg55c
              • Sep 2014
              • 4.2.X

Haven't noticed how slow it is yet

Comment

• Spinball
                • Oct 2001
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by allanh
                My main issues with vBulletin are 2 things:
                1. I haven't seen a single customized vBulletin 5 forum with more than 1 million posts on the net... in fact, I could hardly find 1 single customized VB5 that is live
                2. From what I heard, the coding of VB5 is quite messy ( I am not a programmer, so can only go by what I read) and my impression is that to fix the problem of VB5 , basically the entire code need to be re-written, which I do not think is going to happen with patches.
                What did you do in the end?
                Stuart Wright, founder AVForums.com. [strike]13[/strike] 15 million posts and counting.
                vBulletin user from 2001. We stopped upgrading vB at 3.8.2 and sadly we're going no further.

Comment