X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trifletraxor
    • Sep 2007
    • 3.6.x

Moving...

I have one forum running on vBulletin 4.2 and two licenses for vB5. So far I have not upgraded to vB5, as it doesn't look like it works properly yet, based on the feedback it's getting.

I'm in the process of making a second forum. For this one I bought a IPB license. Having just worked with it for a couple of days, it feels like a much better piece of software than vBulletin 4.2. I hope vBulletin 5 shapes up, as I would dread to transfer the content of the old forum over to IPB, but that's probably where it's heading if vB5 still fails to impress by the end of the year.

I truly hope IB manage to get some good development going during the next months so they can bring vBulletin back to it's former glory. Good luck!

Triff.
  • rexxxy
    • Feb 2010
    • 4.2.X

I'm open minded but in a few months it highly unlikely as to the dev team has been cut down to only 4 developers

Comment

• z-at-ox
      • May 2013

Originally posted by rexxxy
      I'm open minded but in a few months it highly unlikely as to the dev team has been cut down to only 4 developers
      How many developers do they have, and what are the other ones working one?

Comment

• The Crow
        • Jan 2009
        • 4.2.X

That's not necessarily a bad thing, if they did this to focus on quality and not quantity, it's more likely the forum will improve and faster. Another company makes a terrific forum software with just two coders.

Comment

• digitalpoint
          • Mar 2004
          • 4.1.x

Hopefully whoever they are, it's 4 amazing developers that are given the freedom to actually develop properly. And not 4 developers under the guidance of non-developers (management) that had anything to do with the design or coding of vB5 up to now.
          Sphinx Search for vBulletin 4: https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com...tin-4.870/item
          Someone send me a message on Twitter when this site is usable again. https://twitter.com/digitalpoint

Comment

• rexxxy
            • Feb 2010
            • 4.2.X

VB5 developers Ed, Jin, David, Alan & sometimes Kevin from what I understand.

Comment

• obmob
              • Sep 2001

It's so sad to see such a wonderful forum software far behind competitors, years ago vB and IBP were head to head, IBP is really nice compared to vB5.

I'm thinking to move my forums to Wordpress and fresh start, there are 3,000 threads and a lot of memories.
              Currently working on:
              Anizeen - What anime have you seen?
              Osito Barrigón - Winnie Pooh y sus Amigos

Comment