Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wired420
    • Dec 2008

My vb5 feedback as a recent upgrade

I was able to write a simple CMS in php with a mysql backend with more features in one day. You should just delete VB5 and close your company. Your software has become an embarrassment to forum administrators everywhere. vb5 is actually a step back to almost vb2 functionality, except slower.

I went out three days after upgrading to vb5 and bought IPB's board + content system. It blows vb4 and vb5 out of the freaking water. There is no comparison. This website even still selling licenses ought to be considered fraudulent activity.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Thanks for you feedback, sorry you feel the way you do.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• findingpeace
      • Jan 2013

What is the point of your thread? It's rude, and not constructive in any way. If you want a better system, then give feedback that could help make that happen.

Comment

• Kent55
        Kent55 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's the truth.
    • webplayer
      • May 2013

Thanks for sharing. I'm going to seriously look into switching. vB5 looks promising, but I've been spending too much money on it $49 for tech support every time I do an update and i paid for the license and pro install. My forum is essentially stock and feel like i have to walk on egg shells running it because the slightest things will make it break.
      Originally posted by wired420
      I was able to write a simple CMS in php with a mysql backend with more features in one day. You should just delete VB5 and close your company. Your software has become an embarrassment to forum administrators everywhere. vb5 is actually a step back to almost vb2 functionality, except slower. I went out three days after upgrading to vb5 and bought IPB's board + content system. It blows vb4 and vb5 out of the freaking water. There is no comparison. This website even still selling licenses ought to be considered fraudulent activity.

Comment

• SiFor
        • May 2004
        • 5.0.X

Its harsh and yes not exactly polite but it hold some truth. vB5 should not have been released, the time wasted by everyone working /using vbulletin 5 would have been better spent getting the product working or even completed!

Ive been a loyal customer since 2004 and this is by far the worst vBulletin product ever released, its embarrassing. I WILL NOT upgrade my site to v5, not now and not for a very long time as vb5 is just a cash cow relying on the inexperienced and unexpected people out there looking for a reputable product. vBulletin is living off its name and past reputation to make a quick buck in the name of profit. Its not for the customer anymore its about the corporate bottom line.

I'm extremely disappointed with the decisions made with regard to vBulletin 5 and I feel sorry for you guys that have to support it and take the heat from everyone. Now I understand why its so hard to get support around here, if my working day was to try and defend a product that is clearly not good Id want to hide in the server room too!
        CertForums.com Help, Advice and Resources to Pass Your Certification

Comment