I just install vBulletin 5.0.5 and I like it (many bugs fixed), can you make it to support opera browser ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovidiu
    • Jul 2013
    • 5.0.X

I just install vBulletin 5.0.5 and I like it (many bugs fixed), can you make it to support opera browser ?

Please make vBulletin to support Opera Browser
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

It will probably work fine in the new versions of Opera as these are WebKit based. Unlikely any work will be done for older versions of Opera though as these will soon be obsolete.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• ovidiu
      • Jul 2013
      • 5.0.X

Thank you Mark.B

Comment

• discoverxs3
        • Jun 2013
        • 5.2.x

VB5 works with Opera above Version 12.XX

For 12.XX you get the pop up download error but it will still post the written content.

www.DiscoverXS.com - Putting the XS back into life™
        The first Pheromone Research community based on vBulletin Verion 5.x

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Mar 2011
          • 5.7.X

I did a quick test with Opera 12.16 and it works and looks good except the Profile page where the layout is messed up.

Adding this in the css_additional.css template seems to fix the issue (Opera doesn't seem to like display: table-cell for this section):
          Code:
          .opera .view-mode .interconnected-widgets .canvas-layout-row.has-columns .canvas-widget-list.section-1 {   display: block; }
          But I don't know if the latest version of Opera (Webkit) has the same problem. If not, then the fix will affect that browser.

Edit: The Private Message page also has the same problem and the fix applies there too.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by glennrocksvb; Mon 30 Sep '13, 9:37am.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

I am using Opera Next and the software works without issue. However Opera Next is a webkit browser.

For other issues, please list them in JIRA. However priority considers the visibility of the Issues and Opera isn't a widely used browser. Opera Mini has more usage though.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              Former vBulletin Developer
              • Mar 2011
              • 5.7.X

Opera is popular in Belarus. Here's why.

Though it has been overtaken by Chrome in Jan 2013 according to StatCounter. But it's still popular there.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment