Notifications and post/comment/reply boxes.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DigitalElise
    • Jan 2013
    • 4.2.X

Notifications and post/comment/reply boxes.

Hi All,

I have to say on the whole I am enjoying the new version, there are a few things missing but it seems you are well aware of this.

Two thing that I have noticed that could be improved are:
    1. Notifications - with the red box next to the messages tab. - this is great but when a user goes to the notification and clicks the link to the post of message the Red 1 should disappear. It's more of a pet peeve than anything, but it is annoying to login and see that red 1 and then go to your notifications only to see that it is something that youve read already.
    2. I think this one is more important - Post/Comment/Reply boxes. like the one I am typing in right now seem to intermediately not allow users to key backwards or select words they have written, the cursor seems to just jump back to the end of your writing. I'm not sure if this is just a problem in Chrome for Mac or if it happens on other browsers but it make it impossible to edit what you have written.
    I have noticed that both of these issues happen on my own forum and this one, so its not something that I have done.

Anywho keep up the great work.
  • TLMD
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.6.X

Originally posted by DigitalElise
    1. Notifications - with the red box next to the messages tab. - this is great but when a user goes to the notification and clicks the link to the post of message the Red 1 should disappear. It's more of a pet peeve than anything, but it is annoying to login and see that red 1 and then go to your notifications only to see that it is something that youve read already.

As for the notification system I also noticed that there is room for improvements. Therefore I did the following suggestion some time ago: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-notifications

Comment