Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arkadia2006
    • Aug 2006

my first impression of vb5

i complain a lot about vb5 in my previous msg, but sincerelly vb5 look very promissing ! i like the design, the simplicity !

but their is LOT OF (very) of stuff to do in it ! from design, from conception, from SEO.

their is stop feature that must be urgently activated (like keep the old url scheme) and feature that must be added (like faq system)

the blog system must be improuved too

just to say to continue on this way, i hear that lot of user are moving out of vbulletin, but i thing when vb5 will be stable they will go back
  • arkadia2006
    • Aug 2006

another exemple, i don't understand why when i click on subcribe, the page is reloaded

Comment

• rudedog1968
      • Feb 2004
      • 3.8.x

I don't think anyone will be coming back to vB - Most people realized vB has lost it's way. It's a big undertaking to move a site from one script to another. Then there is, how long are you going to wait for vB to be usable? Right now it took a good 2 years for vB4 to be usable. In it's current state, vB5 is going to take twice that. That is, if vB is still around in a year or so.
      Not so Rude, Rudedog FPSadmin.com | twitter | Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 - Games for Windows

Comment

• arkadia2006
        • Aug 2006

they simply need urgently to find a very strong manager that all ! it's just a question of price ... better to spend 100 000 euros / year in good manager than lost the company ! the move to vb5 was a too big step at one ! they must do it but, sweetly by integrating feature by feature in vb

for me it's look their is no commander in the vb boat !

Comment

• DemOnstar
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by arkadia2006
          another exemple, i don't understand why when i click on subcribe, the page is reloaded
          Again, something that I wouldn't notice.. It sounds a bit strange to me why it should do that but I am sure that someone, somewhere - providing that they even care - would address that.

You see, I don't really understand the logic or technology behind this stuff. I bought the software with the intention to build a forum/community and 6 months later find myself in this quagmire... It does have its upsides as I have met quite a few people and had some interaction with which I guess is connect right? However, I am still without the dream I had of building a community.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

The FAQ system is now called "Help" and you can find it in the footer of the page. The link to the FAQ in the notice for new users didn't get updated yet, but it is there.

Comment

• beishe8
              • Oct 2005
              • 4.2.X

for me it's look their is no commander in the vb boat !
              There are still too many of them but too few good sailors.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• arkadia2006
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Joe D.
                The FAQ system is now called "Help" and you can find it in the footer of the page. The link to the FAQ in the notice for new users didn't get updated yet, but it is there.
                this is great

Comment

• OhioDave
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2012

just to say to continue on this way, i hear that lot of user are moving out of vbulletin, but i thing when vb5 will be stable they will go back
                  No we won't. Why would we ever come back to this platform? It's a dead product with absolutely no future to it, and every one who has been here to watch the decline knows this.

Comment

• arkadia2006
                    • Aug 2006

vb5 it's not a dead product ... but now yes it is in a "middle" age ! i hope futur will be better

Comment