how to access the page "2" of a thread display via the url ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arkadia2006
    • Aug 2006

how to access the page "2" of a thread display via the url ?

Hello,

how to access the page "2" of a thread display or forum display via the url ? this for the seo i need

thanks
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Just add /page2 to the end of the main thread URL

For example, this thread, if it had 2 pages would be:

Code:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-5-connect/vbulletin-5-connect-feedback/3976845-how-to-access-the-page-2-of-a-thread-display-via-the-url/page2

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

There is not currently specific links to page x or y, however google is able to find these pages just fine.

Comment

• OhioDave
        OhioDave commented
        Editing a comment
        Does that explain why there are only like 4-8 sites indexed in Google that run vBulletin 5?
    • arkadia2006
      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Zachery
      There is not currently specific links to page x or y, however google is able to find these pages just fine.
      hmm, it's mean you level of SEO is very bad google can find them right, but did he will index them with good rank ?? in it's man index or in it's secondary index ? because something see only by robots it's ...

NB: this editor it's a disaster, i m on chrome, i can not modify what i already write

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Google indexes the content just fine.

Comment

• arkadia2006
          • Aug 2006

their is an huge difference between index content and output result in 1rt page !!

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Google is able to spdier, and index vBulletin 5 urls and content just fine as a whole.

Comment

• digitalpoint
              • Mar 2004
              • 4.1.x

Actually, that's not true. Try searching for a unique string in any thread on page 2 or after in a post that was created after vBulletin 5 went live. For example, the sticky thread titled "mysqlmymonlite.sh by eva2000 - output server info needed for optimisation requests" in the "Server Configuration" forum has this string on the last page:

The thread "Huge vBulletins - 1 million posts and greater", search for this string (from 6 weeks ago... plenty of time for Google to spider):

etc...
              Sphinx Search for vBulletin 4: https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com...tin-4.870/item
              Someone send me a message on Twitter when this site is usable again. https://twitter.com/digitalpoint

Comment

• zappaDPJ
                • Jun 2007

Google is able to spdier, and index vBulletin 5 urls and content just fine as a whole.
                I believe digitalpoint is correct, none of the search engines I've used can find any content at all (created since the upgrade to vB5) past page 1. I thought this was a known bug? Regardless, it's very easy to test.

Comment

• DemOnstar
                  • Nov 2012

So am I right in thinking that any content written on VB 5 is invisible to a Google search?

Comment

• OhioDave
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2012

Yes, this was brought to their attention well before they went with vBulletin 5, but no one cares about SEO that made programming decisions.

Really is anyone surprised. It's just another failure in a long list of them.

Comment

• arkadia2006
                      • Aug 2006

yes so

1/ remove this #@#^{^ ajax to scroll between page ! use true static link instead. because link that is also use by human is 100% better than "hidden links"

2/ use also
                      <link rel="prev" href="http://www.example.com/article-part1.html"> <link rel="next" href="http://www.example.com/article-part3.html"> http://support.google.com/webmasters...1375&ctx=topic

3/ Zachary, listen better your clients, that have a very strong SEO knowledge ! saying "google index the content just fine" without any prouve, any test it's just not productive at all !

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by DemOnstar
                        So am I right in thinking that any content written on VB 5 is invisible to a Google search?
                        Not any content, but some on additional pages may not be.

I did tests on this myself and in both cases Google found content (a unique string) I posted on page 2 of a thread.

However, later, someone pointed out the possibility the post got indexed not through the forums but instead from Google visiting my profile page and the post being recent activity.

The argument made was sound.

I'm really not sure anymore but it seems like pages beyond page 1 are not getting crawled via the usual way.

Comment

• digitalpoint
                          • Mar 2004
                          • 4.1.x

Long story short is that unless someone posts a link to a page (or like Joe D pointed out) Google finds a link in an indirect way, it will not spider anything past page 1... This includes both posts in threads as well as the big list of threads in a forum.

Google *does* spider the first page of threads past page 1 of the forum view, but this is only because at *some* point those threads were on page 1 so Google saw them. Once they go to page 2, Google still knows about them since it saw them before, but they become orphaned pages (a page with no links to it) in the eyes of Google. Eventually (the length of time will vary based on the "authority" of the site) that old content with no links to it will be deindexed from Google.

Whoever designed the pagination system in vB5 completely "forgot" that maybe sites would want search engines to see content.
                          Sphinx Search for vBulletin 4: https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com...tin-4.870/item
                          Someone send me a message on Twitter when this site is usable again. https://twitter.com/digitalpoint

Comment

• arkadia2006
                            arkadia2006 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
                        • feldon23
                          • Nov 2001
                          • 3.7.x

Unless you are planning to teach Googlebot how to run Javascript and where to click, vb 5 is SEO suicide.

It's astonishing to me that "All but page 1 of our Threads and Forum Indexes are vanishing from Google!!!" is not ringing alarm bells or a top priority. It just tells you how many other issues there are.

Comment