is it possible in vb5 to have original url of vb3 - vb4 (with query string, like for exemple ?threadid=xxx) ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OhioDave
    Banned
    • Jul 2012

Is there a reason it was all changed to a new format. didn't anyone have the foresight to see this would be a huge problem for existing bulletin users? wonder if its a contributing factor as to why only a small handful of sites are using vb5 publically.

Comment

• rellect
      • Oct 2008

You always can find a developer to build this option for you.
      Refael Iliaguyev.

Comment

• arkadia2006
        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Joe D.
        Originally posted by arkadia2006
        bye the way http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-4528 it's seam that this feature will be added in 5.0.6 ? it's a must have feature !
        Just to be clear that means the earliest it would possibly come is 5.0.6. As we get closer to 5.0.6 it may get pushed back further.
        please Joe D, make this feature as important !

bye the way their is also a misc conception in you marketing ! (raaah this editor in chrome it's a disaster, i can not go back to edit my post!!)

you say to pay now vb5 BUT the support ticket will be available only one month ! i m ready to buy vb5 right now to test it, but i know that i will need to wait few feature (like this old url scheme compatibility) to use it in production. but in this way, in several month, when i will be ready for production (mostly when vb5 will be ready), i will not have anymore the support ticket so what i do right now ? i wait and i don't buy

please correct this editor, in chrome it's a disaster i can not edit my post, sometime it's work sometime (like now) not at all !

Comment

• OhioDave
          Banned
          • Jul 2012

The old url scheme wont ever be coming back. there is no showthread.php file available for vb5.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

It would take only minutes to create a showthread.php file, if it is even necessary.

@arkadia - I use Chrome with no editor issues- Please clear your browser cache if you are having issues.

Comment

• arkadia2006
              • Aug 2006

no i promiss you, the editor in the bottom it's a dissaster, i can try to make a video, but sometime it's simply impossible to edit what i already typed ...

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

No one at large outside of you so far is having that problem.

Comment

• OhioDave
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2012

The editor does indeed clear its contents when editing a message, especially on the mobile display version. clicking edit brings up a empty editor box.

Comment

• ShyGuy82
                    • Feb 2007

If ALL old urls redirect with 301 then you should not lose your google ranking (maybe for a week or two it will go down slightly), other than that, you should be good.
                    Speed up your member list page by at least 5x (4.x.x)

http://nicknameregister.com/files/20...0/ShyGuy82.jpg

Comment

• arkadia2006
                      • Aug 2006

their is no reason to change the url structure ! it's always very sensitive to change the url structure of a website, and webmaster that have links that point to the old schema of our forum will never update them and this will be like this for years and years ... and a link that point to a 301 redirect have lower SEO power than a link that point to the final destination, you must know it !!

Comment