X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JamalFree
    • Nov 2012
    • 4.2.X

the ollopment of vb5 very slow

hi i bay vb5 i wait the version that support utf-8 and arabic but not yet, the age of vb 5 is nine month; i guess waiting other nine month ....

sorry for title---i mean development
    Last edited by JamalFree; Fri 14 Jun '13, 6:58am.
    blog-technologie.com
  • sukagwe
    • Aug 2012
    • 4.2.X

yeah, the development progress is very slow, it's been a month without a new update

Comment

• JamalFree
      • Nov 2012
      • 4.2.X

I wish upgrading soon a vb5 i hate to stay with vb4;
      thank for reply
      blog-technologie.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Actually the development is quite quick with a number of bug fixes and features in each release with a focus on feature parity. The entire front-end was rewritten from 4.X so there is a lot of work still to do. Our current development process is 6 weeks per version and then stabilization and QA which can take 2-4 weeks depending on the version. For instance 5.0.2 has over 400 fixes and then new features added to it. 5.0.3 is almost the same currently. The developers are currently working on 5.0.4 while 5.0.3 goes through its stabilization and QA phase. We'll get it out to you as soon as possible.

As for Arabic, Hebrew and other RTL languages which use UTF-8 fonts, they are currently working on making this possible. The first step was getting localization for European Languages fixed. Localization is something that is very high on our priority list though. There are a lot of things to get done.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment