X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hellekim
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.5.x

Thank you for vB 5

I'd like to thank you for making vBulletin 5 for us! Couple of weeks ago I upgraded to vB5 as I thought it was not a beta anymore. Well it's absolute rubbish - pagination for topics don't work which is absolutely critical, but still no fix for this.

I used to have hundreds of visitors on my forum daily, now I got like 10 left. Seems to be the end of the story.

How can I request my money back? The forum is like a car without wheel.
  • GamerPerfection
    • Feb 2006
    • 4.2.X

Next time research what you are actually spending your money on.

This forum 'http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...etin-5-connect' contains tons of issues with vB5 which you would have seen if you didn't blindly spend your money.
    http://www.gamerperfection.com/images/gp-bar.png http://www.gamerperfection.com/images/facebook-32.pnghttp://www.gamerperfection.com/images/twitter-32.pnghttp://www.gamerperfection.com/images/youtube-32.png

Comment

• hellekim
      • Jan 2006
      • 3.5.x

Well - after being customer for years with vB3 and vB4, I pretty much know how the alpha, beta and stable system works. Yes, I was stupid to think that this could stable.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Refunds can be requested by emailing [email protected], however in general if you have already downloaded the software refunds are no longer offered, as per the license agreement. May I suggest you take advantage of ticket support to address the issues you may be having instead.

Comment

• durruti
          • Jan 2012
          • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Joe D.
          Refunds can be requested by emailing [email protected], however in general if you have already downloaded the software refunds are no longer offered, as per the license agreement. May I suggest you take advantage of ticket support to address the issues you may be having instead.
          Just to help a brother's out, the red bold underline means that there exist what IB called; exception policy, though the criteria themselves are mysterious and has never been known.
          Also perhaps, just perhaps, if you have no large online influence (which has been shown to trigger the exception policy before), maybe you could try credit card charge back.
          I heard it does wonders though I have never verified this myself.

Edit:
          Note that you must do proper research first before deciding your course of actions since all of them has consequences.
          Last edited by durruti; Tue 4 Jun '13, 7:44pm.

Comment

• maksimfa
            • May 2013
            • 5.0.X

Originally posted by hellekim
            I'd like to thank you for making vBulletin 5 for us! Couple of weeks ago I upgraded to vB5 as I thought it was not a beta anymore. Well it's absolute rubbish - pagination for topics don't work which is absolutely critical, but still no fix for this.

I used to have hundreds of visitors on my forum daily, now I got like 10 left. Seems to be the end of the story.

You went from hundreds of visitors a day to 10? JUST because you went with VB5?

Something does not smell right.

Link to your forum?

There are a number of forums running vb5 and have good activity.. something is missing, or yet another troll post.

Comment

• OhioDave
              Banned
              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by durruti
              Originally posted by Joe D.
              Just to help a brother's out, the red bold underline means that there exist what IB called; exception policy, though the criteria themselves are mysterious and has never been known.
              Also perhaps, just perhaps, if you have no large online influence (which has been shown to trigger the exception policy before), maybe you could try credit card charge back.
              I heard it does wonders though I have never verified this myself.

Edit:
              Note that you must do proper research first before deciding your course of actions since all of them has consequences.
              It's wholly dependent on the amount of fuss you can raise with the most amount of people. IE YouTube subscribers/Twitter Followers.

Comment

• maksimfa
                • May 2013
                • 5.0.X

Originally posted by hellekim

Something does not smell right.

Link to your forum?

There are a number of forums running vb5 and have good activity.. something is missing, or yet another troll post.

Comment

• OhioDave
                  OhioDave commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Do me a favor and link those sites please. No one ever links live vb5 sites
              • Loco.M
                • Mar 2005
                • 3.5.x

Originally posted by maksimfa

Have you seen how a vbulletin 5 site loads in the wild
                It's very possible

(even this post on the official site took about 14 seconds to go through)
                -- Web Developer for hire
                ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• oldz442
                  • Apr 2012

vB5 is the bestest. What is all this talk aboot?
                  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• maksimfa
                    • May 2013
                    • 5.0.X

Here is one that loads lightning quick.

I have others, but they are saved on my computer at the office.

Comment

• maksimfa
                      • May 2013
                      • 5.0.X

One more.

I have a 500k post post forum that I will make a backup of and try to ugprade that to VB5 to see how it works. =P

Comment

• rudedog1968
                        • Feb 2004
                        • 3.8.x

find it funny, maksimfa, that both sites you listed have displaimers about the issues they are having I <-- look at that wonderful editor bug

photoshopuser.com
                        As with any upgrade, there will be some issues and bugs, we ask for your patience and sorry for any inconveniences. The Web Team is working on them now and please do feel free to post any issues you notice in the thread under General Discussions. Thanks all!!
                        fnsweet.com
                        Forum Technical Issues 6/2013

I am aware of all the issues that are occurring with the new vBulletin installation. Please be patient this week as we work with vBulletin Support to get all this fixed. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences everyone. Please see the Bug Thead here to read up on issues and report any: http://www.fnsweet.com/forums/forum/...-report-thread If you have any questions, send me a PM or an email at [email protected] Please be patient, Shay
                        I ran beta vB3 upgrades and never had to put a disclaimer up for my users.
                        Not so Rude, Rudedog FPSadmin.com | twitter | Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 - Games for Windows

Comment

• TLMD
                          • Sep 2012
                          • 5.6.X

Haha, a XenForo page that uses a vB5 skin! I have never seen this before, but it looks as if finally there is a working "vB5 site" out there!

Comment

• Atlantisss
                            • Aug 2005
                            • 3.5.x

Originally posted by GamerPerfection
                            Next time research what you are actually spending your money on.

This forum 'http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...etin-5-connect' contains tons of issues with vB5 which you would have seen if you didn't blindly spend your money.
                            While that is true, I disagree it is the customers responsibility.

If a company offers a product, the average customer can expect it to function. I don't agree one can expect the average customer to perform research on a company's forums, whether the claims of a company that sells a product, are actually true.

Comment