X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hornstar6969
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
    Deadlines can slip and then there would be riots on here, so they would never be made public even if they existed. It has always been this way, and is with most software companies.
    Actually Paul said it could be next week (look above). Although it may be pushed back, it is at least an estimate which is nice to know.
    Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

Yes....the problem though is that at midnight on the final day of next week, someone will post "it's the following week now, where is it" followed by a long rant.
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Paul is a developer, not support staff, as such he may have access to information we do not.

Comment

• Loco.M
          • Mar 2005
          • 3.5.x

I thought we would see an update today to be honest, well I guess there are a few more work hour in CA still.
          -- Web Developer for hire
          ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• DemOnstar
            • Nov 2012

Myself, I am not particularly worried about the timing of the update so long as improvements have been made.

Comment

• TLMD
              • Sep 2012
              • 5.6.X

Originally posted by Loco.M
              I thought we would see an update today to be honest, well I guess there are a few more work hour in CA still.
              Yesterday on April 1st I expected IB either to release vB 5.0.1 or -- even better -- to announce vB6.

Comment

• wdwms
                • Jan 2013
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by DemOnstar
                Myself, I am not particularly worried about the timing of the update so long as improvements have been made.

Agreed, but we are up against one major bug that has caused users to be rather ticked off and upset. Because we are having major pagination issues, our users think that when we upgraded we "lost" their posts.. So they have been emailing us and are livid. Despite the posts are really there, they don't care; they can't see them so to them they are gone forever.

Comment

• DemOnstar
                  DemOnstar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Most sorry to hear that.
                  My situation is so different from yours you see, I have no users, I have no history and I have no site yet.
                  I am sure this problem will be sorted out, it appears to be a rather important issue.

Bump.....
              • smgxtreme
                • Mar 2013
                • 4.2.X

Well on our site we have more and more problems everyday that users are reporting.
                Newest ones:

1. When a user clicks profile settings it gives that failed to load contact administrator error and I noticed that when you highlight over settings link looks like xtremevisiongaming.com/settings we have to manually add /profile after it.

2. Users were having problems with new posts giving errors, I uploaded an image and it gave an error saying I must upload image even though it already was showing it in post. After submit it was there.

3. Getting problems with sending pm's saying must have permissions, even though everyone is setup correctly. We have had vb4 for around a year vb5 for about a month, settings are all correct, permissions are correct, permissions on folders on web server are correct.

4. Plus all the other problems, pagination, and everything else.

5. Not too much of a big deal but disabled mod_security and still getting message that mod_security needs to be disabled.

So basically I guess we are going back to vb4 by reinstalling everything. We want and like the new look and feel of vb5 but dont want all the problems and seeing how no release date is set I guess we have no choice to go back.

Last edited by smgxtreme; Tue 2 Apr '13, 7:35am.

Comment

• Sadda
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Paul M
                  The CMS was not due to be in 5.0.1. I believe paid subscriptions are in it (need to confirm that as its hard to remember whats in what when you deal with multiple versions). All being well, it should be next week (usual disclaimers apply, blah, blah).
                  Interesting to see these forums are now running on Version 5.0.1 Alpha 1 ...

Comment

• chris15440
                    • Mar 2010

It appears 5.0.1 alpha 1 is live? We starting all over with alpha? About time the software is labeled something that it actually is. Kudos.

Comment

• Sadda
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by chris15440
                      It appears 5.0.1 alpha 1 is live? We starting all over with alpha? About time the software is labeled something that it actually is. Kudos.
                      UPDATE:

Alpha 1 is now disappear - pretty close to release?

In my opinion, their approach seems to be in right direction. A good and stable (may be working ) software is always better than buggy release. But I really surprised upon seeing v5.0.1 Alpha 1 on official forums since it went to QA a few weeks back according to Paul.

It seems to be v5.0.1 is going to be a major bug-fix release than that I thought earlier...
                      Last edited by Sadda; Tue 2 Apr '13, 10:43am.

Comment

• Josh Leininger
                        • Oct 2012
                        • 4.2.X

It is now available. Updating my site now. You'll see how it goes.

Comment

• Dan Simon
                          • Mar 2004
                          • 3.6.x

Updating mine as well...been working on "Importing htmlstates for blog entries." for a long time now....it's still working (keeps updating that line in the update details), but taking forever.

Comment

• Dan Simon
                            • Mar 2004
                            • 3.6.x

And done. Everything seems to be running fine. A bit zippier.

I do note that long topics/threads (lots of replies) still show "Page 1 of 1" until you manually refresh the filter, but that's a survivable issue....we'll see what else is still waiting to rear its head...

Comment

• smgxtreme
                              • Mar 2013
                              • 4.2.X

Have you guys tried attachment in sig yet? I did, didnt work.
                              Also, noticed it said 1 template needed updating but when I click it it crashes site.

Comment