Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rudedog1968
    • Feb 2004
    • 3.8.x

In a way I feel bad for people who purchased vB5 but how could anyone purchase vB5 thinking anything has changed over the years since vB4's disastrous launch. Then again has vB released anything in a working state in the past 2-3 years?
    Not so Rude, Rudedog FPSadmin.com | twitter | Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 - Games for Windows

Comment

• consigliere
      • Oct 2012
      • 4.2.X

My vB5 license fee is my price to pay for trusting Integrated Brands. vB4 has never worked well but I blindly ran back to upgrade.

Lesson learnt.....and after uploading xF I wont be back. Its far superior to anything these guys have done in the past 5 years.

Comment

• oldz442
        oldz442 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here. Switched over recently after wasting $ upgrading to vb5. It's simple with less features, but very fast, and has a lot of those 'little things' that are not found here.
    • feldon23
      • Nov 2001
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Contramontanum
      What happened to vB?
      James Limm needed a sailboat.

Comment

• DemOnstar
        DemOnstar commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't know who James Limm was until today.

Thank you
    • DemOnstar
      • Nov 2012

I too signed up to XF.

I still hold a license here as one day, soon, in the not too distant future, just around the corner, it will be a quality product.

Yes, I firmly believe that VB 5 will indeed connect.
      I expect we will all be uniquely surprised and extremely pleased when the proverbial rabbit is pulled from the proverbial hat.

Watch this space.

Comment

• DemOnstar
        DemOnstar commented
        Editing a comment
        A dubious comment but valid nonetheless.

• Deimos
        Deimos commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like someone is turning into a fanbois, are you after a job at IB? :P

• DemOnstar
        DemOnstar commented
        Editing a comment
        @Mr Deimos, what makes you think I don't already have a job?
    • ShyGuy82
      • Feb 2007

I've known James Limm and John Percival even before vBulletin came to existence (vbforums.com). Those guys had a vision and really were the pioneers of forum software. Those days a long gone.
      Speed up your member list page by at least 5x (4.x.x)

http://nicknameregister.com/files/20...0/ShyGuy82.jpg

Comment

• feldon23
        • Nov 2001
        • 3.7.x

Like I said, James Limm needed a sailboat.

Comment

• alkahf
          • Nov 2001
          • 4.1.x

very nice
          الحمدُ للهِ الذي أنزلَ على عبدِهِ الكتابَ و لم يجعل لهُ عِوَجًا - سورة الكهف 1
          Winner - vB Board of the Month - March 2008
          Winner vB Board of Year 2005
          vbulletinclub.com

Comment

• DeltaHawk5
            • Sep 2012

I'm more than content with vBulletin 4, its still the best message board software out there regardless of how much people want to complain about it (which very few do nowadays).

As for vB 5, I'm gonna sit back and let its development cycle take process. I'm not in a rush to upgrade, and neither should anyone else, it's not worth stressing over

Comment

• LLent
              • Aug 2010

from what i hear and see i am sticking with vb4 vb5 has a long road ahead imo even if it goes gold

Comment

• jdj
                • Jan 2009
                • 5.1.x

I'm detecting a pattern here.
                One of the previous comments said "..vB4 is unusable".

I actually use vB4 and whilst I admit it's not perfect...its usable. My main problem with vB5 is the absence of the CMS and calendar, both of which I use. I use the CMS for news, although we have to drive it, but the calendar populates itself. I confess I'm a little disappointed that vB5 is not yet out there with the calendar and whatever was designed to replace the CMS. No timelines for when these are due to come along either.

Comment

• jdj
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 5.1.x

I want a board and a CMS that makes it easy to create articles and such and functions well on mobile devices.
                  I don't use the mobile suite but my board displays perfectly well on a tablet (I have both an iPad and an android tablet) with the sole exception that if you put adverts in both the top positions at the head of the page using the vB4 ad manager then the second ad scrunches up and obscures the top links.

As for smartphones: I looked at the mobile style that comes with vB4 and wasn't impressed by the fact that to style the main styles with my branding I could use the vB4 stylevar system but to restyle the mobile style I had to make CSS changes. Doesn't mean to say I'm not capable of doing it but my experience of using vB3 and vB4 is that you are better keeping the number of changes to the minimum, and you are better using the features built into the software otherwise you are more likely to run into problems at upgrade. So I didn't bother with restyling the mobile style and I put my efforts into restyling something else (non vB/IB).

Comment

• IrealiTY
                    • Apr 2011
                    • 4.1.x

What buggs me the most is that they sell this unfinished and completely bugged software... The way people have issues with it feels like a Kickstarter project where you got a beta version to test, but other than that you did not know that you buy a Beta...

Comment

• sandrose
                      • Feb 2001
                      • 5.0.X

Too Many bugs that let me take a decision to return to the old Vbulletin 4.2 and stick with it.

The major issue with Vb 5 is the cache table in the database always fills up with data with unlimited size which can reach 4 GB in one hour after you clear the cache.
                      The other issue is using innodb table which is impossible to recover when it is crashed or corrupted.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/filed...ledataid=63608

Comment

• feldon23
                        • Nov 2001
                        • 3.7.x

What's astonishing is, people try out vB5 here, read the posts of users, and still buy it.

Comment