Think twice before buying vBulletin 5 Connect.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • W140
    • Mar 2013

Think twice before buying vBulletin 5 Connect.

Hello.

I've bought VB5 just a week ago. I'm still struggling to make it functioning properly.

Whenever i try setup a feature or something that supposed to do it's job i'm encountering errors and bugs.

I've reported 4 issues since i bought it. No one actually fixed by support team. As i'm a programmer i know that there is nothing support team can do. Because problem is the software's itself.

Most of it's features doesnt work and lack from some features that you think "it must be exist".

Beyond all of these difficulties, when you request a refund from Sales, they rejecting it.

If you are going to keep with 4.2 it's okay. But for VB5 you will be dissapointed.
  • evil-maniac
    • May 2005

Beyond all of these difficulties, when you request a refund from Sales, they rejecting it.
    +1
    My refund was rejected; and now being ignored by support.

Comment

• doctorsexy
      • May 2011

Most of it's features doesnt work
      must be me...because they work ok mostly for me....
      http://opensezme.co.uk/

Comment

• dizzynation
        • Jun 2011
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by doctorsexy

How did you get your Articles to work? I would loose hundreds of pages of content in Google if you dont tell me how you did it, thanks!
        www.filmmakerforum.org
        www.digidistribution.com

Comment

• Fever905
          • Mar 2013

I am finding that threads and searches on this forum are not even working! I do some searches and i get a grey page with nothing.... getting frustrated. this is a fresh vb 5.0.0 installation.

Comment

• TLMD
            • Sep 2012
            • 5.6.X

Originally posted by Fever905
            I am finding that threads and searches on this forum are not even working! I do some searches and i get a grey page with nothing.... getting frustrated. this is a fresh vb 5.0.0 installation.
            vB5 is far away from working and I guess it will need quite a few more updates until the most significant bugs are fixed. Not to mention "old" features of vB4, that are missing in vB5... (This will take even more updates.)

Comment

• consigliere
              • Oct 2012
              • 4.2.X

vB 4 image uploading has never worked for me since my upgrade from vB3 - vB support decided it was "my fault".

Moving on.... after a decade of being a loyal vB user I decided to run with vB5 for a new project. Thats called trust.... as it turned out I should have been suspicious.

Short version... vB5 doesnt function well. Many MANY issues. No blogging. No CMS (yes yes... its coming). Now... after persevering with endless heavy beta releases I asked for a refund....this is not software which works. Its been sold on false premises (one look at the front page of vBulletin.com will show you that). Basically in my eyes its fraud.

Needless to say Integrated Brands have declined my refund telling me "I downloaded it.... so its mine".

I'm off to zenforo........it works. Its light. Its fast... and they have vision. Surprisingly enough the British also seem to understand customer service.

Last edited by BirdOPrey5; Thu 21 Mar '13, 8:42am. Reason: You cannot sell or advertise selling of licenses here.

Comment

• Fever905
                • Mar 2013

Its forsure not working properly for me as well. My boss wants me to go ahead and install vb4 .. but then we lose the facebook integration and all of that.

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fever905
                  Its forsure not working properly for me as well. My boss wants me to go ahead and install vb4 .. but then we lose the facebook integration and all of that.
                  There is facebook functionality in vBulletin 4...

Comment

• Fever905
                    • Mar 2013

The facebook functionality in VB4 is $99 more. Can I get that functionality comp'd to me since I purchased VB5 while it was still in beta?

Comment

• Zachery
                      Zachery commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Running your forum inside of facebook, IS NOT THE SAME as facebook connect.

• Fever905
                      Fever905 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      OK then how do I run my forum inside of facebook? When I installed VB5 there was a sample video included that said I need to use the Facebook connect plugin to run my forum inside of Facebook. How do I run it inside of facebook?

I've downgraded to VB4.2 for now.

• BirdOPrey5
                    • Jul 2008

That isn't our (techs supports) decision, you would need to contact the sales department. [email protected].

Comment

• GamerPerfection
                      • Feb 2006
                      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by dizzynation
                      Originally posted by doctorsexy
                      How did you get your Articles to work? I would loose hundreds of pages of content in Google if you dont tell me how you did it, thanks!
                      CMS is not yet available on vB5. All CMS data in vB4 will be preserved when upgrading to vB5 but will not be accessible on your site until CMS is released on vB5.

Please don't ask when CMS will be released as there is no date, and no ETA.
                      http://www.gamerperfection.com/images/gp-bar.png http://www.gamerperfection.com/images/facebook-32.pnghttp://www.gamerperfection.com/images/twitter-32.pnghttp://www.gamerperfection.com/images/youtube-32.png

Comment

• Fever905
                        • Mar 2013

OK this is the video showing the forum showing up within Facebook. What do I need to make this work with VB 4.2.x

Introducing the all new and exciting vBulletin Facebook Application for Your Community

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                          • Jul 2008

That is the VB4 Facebook Application. You must purchase it for $99 from the "Add-Ons" section of the website.

However before purchasing be aware it will require you have a working SSL (https) connection. If you're not sure make sure you or your host can setup a directory you can access via https:// instead of (or in addition to) http://.

Once you have purchased it, it will appear in your Member's Area as well as instructions to setup, download, and install it.

Comment

• flylife
                            • Mar 2013

IF I COULD RETURN BACK IN TIME I WOULD NEVER,NEVER , NEVER BUY THIS PRODUCT AGAIN. THIS IS THE EVIL OF EVIL SOFTWARE ON THE NET. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY, IT WILL NEVER WORK. YOU WON'T GET ANY SUPPORT, THE 30 DAYS FREE SUPPORT THAT YOU GET IS USELESS, THEY CAN'T HELP YOU ANY WAY. I HAVE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE THE FRUSTRATION THAT I HAVE WITH THIS PEACE OF SH...T SOFTWARE. AFTER UPGRADING FROM 5.02 TO 5.05 I CAN'T EDIT THE SITE ANYMORE. TO GET SUPPORT U NEED TO PAY...JUST UNBELIEVABLE...

Comment