It may be a good idea to refund and focus on 4.2.1

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emptyconnection
    • Sep 2012

I understand a lot of people think they are getting a stick instead of a carrot but your wrong.

Your stuck with technology freeze. You fail to understand that the platform hatching now is what we want.

I follow what your doing. I've watched this whole thing since 2. This is what I want and worth every penny.

I'm content to wait for code development and maturity. Keep going.

Comment

• dizzynation
      • Jun 2011
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by emptyconnection
      I understand a lot of people think they are getting a stick instead of a carrot but your wrong. Your stuck with technology freeze. You fail to understand that the platform hatching now is what we want. I follow what your doing. I've watched this whole thing since 2. This is what I want and worth every penny. I'm content to wait for code development and maturity. Keep going.

You seem to be missing the point. A GOLD version has been released! Do you know what that means? Do you have a populated site? Do you have 200 to 500 members on at one time? Do you have a site that gets its new members from Google search? You fail to understand my friend, you fail....
      www.filmmakerforum.org
      www.digidistribution.com

Comment

• Visualbrother
        • Feb 2006

Guess I should have read this before throwing $500+ at the full experience yesterday, 4.0 became useful within a year or two so I'm optimistic…?!

Comment

• DemOnstar
          DemOnstar commented
          Editing a comment
          See the following.

• Pope Viper
          Pope Viper commented
          Editing a comment
          That sucks. Truly.

I'm very glad that I learned form my VB4 pre-sale experience.

I'm also glad that i purchased XF the day it went on sale. Never regretted that move.
      • DemOnstar
        • Nov 2012

Optimism is a state of mind, I too share your optimism. I too am hopeful. These things take time, lots of time but you bet your bottom dollar by the end of the day, everything will be beyond your expectations.

Optimism never worked for me so I thought, ____ it, try again.

Comment

• Pope Viper
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Fever905
          Installed VB4 today. VERY fast and responsive. Absolutely no setup issues. Extremely happy, now I just need the facebook integration plugin and I'm happy! The forum even goes full-width of the page which makes more sense.

It only took two years+ from release to get it to that point, including the crippled CMS, and the list of features that mysteriously became moot.

Comment

• Visualbrother
            • Feb 2006

So what you are really saying is, vBulletin owners are true optimists! Very true in my case btw

Comment

• DemOnstar
              DemOnstar commented
              Editing a comment
              Optimists and dreamers my friend.

• MikeF
              MikeF commented
              Editing a comment
              For so long as these forums are filled with discussion and malcontent, vBulletin lives. If there was more of a particular issue that was bothering everyone that could be discussed, or a number of issues, even if they are not placed in JIRA (I know this is sacrilege), a real discussion could take place.