X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dizzynation
    • Jun 2011
    • 4.2.X

It may be a good idea to refund and focus on 4.2.1

Just a thought, but from someone who has been running a company since I was 18 years old my gut feeling here is not good. I think the only way to save yourselves is to refund those that purchased VB5, come out with a nice apology, and start focusing on VB 4.2.1 as the future of VB. You can still add some of the cool features that VB5 has, just maybe charge a fee or something, but my goodness. YOU are putting all your ducks in one basket here, see the example below:

Support: 100% busy with VB5
    Software developers: 100% busy with VB5
    Management: 100% busy with VB5

What about all of your other customers that have put you where you are???

Thank you for your time...

Nick
    www.filmmakerforum.org
    www.digidistribution.com
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Thanks for your feedback. We're sticking with both vB5 and vB4.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• helloadamm
      • Sep 2012
      • 5.1.x

Is this thread going to be locked as well Mr. Mark?

Comment

• dizzynation
        dizzynation commented
        Editing a comment
        I sure hope they wouldn't lock a perfectly normal feedback - I hope not at least
    • dizzynation
      • Jun 2011
      • 4.2.X

Glad to here VB4 is still in the loop
      www.filmmakerforum.org
      www.digidistribution.com

Comment

• helloadamm
        helloadamm commented
        Editing a comment
        Dizzy, Marks reply is a generic cut/paste and has been used a few times on this forum. Perfect customer service if you ask me.
    • evil-maniac
      • May 2005

They won't refund you even if their product doesn't do anything it's supposed to. Once your money is in their pockets, good luck getting it back.

Comment

• consigliere
        consigliere commented
        Editing a comment
        Sad to see I'm not the only one then.

Apparently "we downloaded it so its our fault".

Amusing thing is we dont have any intellectual property....we just have a very badly written piece of rubbish.
    • W140
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by evil-maniac
      They won't refund you even if their product doesn't do anything it's supposed to. Once your money is in their pockets, good luck getting it back.
      I can't gey my vb5 up because of bugs. they refused to refund. i feel my self cheated. just sent them another mail indicating that the software is NOT FUNCTIONING. will see what happens.

Comment

• sukagwe
        • Aug 2012
        • 4.2.X

You just screwed your self IB.

Refund!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• DemOnstar
          • Nov 2012

Refunds in the UK possibly but hardly likely in the states.

Comment

• dizzynation
            • Jun 2011
            • 4.2.X

You have a better chance to a rat jumping on your skull and eating your brains out then getting a refund from IB
            www.filmmakerforum.org
            www.digidistribution.com

Comment

• flylife
              • Mar 2013

Myself had a week of stress of not getting support and now I am totally ignored when I am asking for refund. No reply in the last 2 days. I used Paypal to purchase and then I applied for a refund through them. Wayne from the support told me they can't fix my problem ( my forum looks like this http://www.cantafly.com/fvb/ and there is no Site Builder available ) until I will cancel my refund claim. I did that not knowing that once you closed the claim you cannot reopen it. Since then no reply and they are ignoring me totally now. I can't believe this is happening. STOP BUYING THIS SOFTWARE! THIS IS A SCAM.

Comment

• Fever905
                Fever905 commented
                Editing a comment
                If you purchased 5.0 can't you download 4.2? I've just purchased 5.0 as well... I've encountered my first bug with not being able to upload avatars.

• OhioDave
                OhioDave commented
                Editing a comment
                Just keep using it Fever, you'll find more.

PS Don't use the spam clean up tool on active site.

• Fever905
                Fever905 commented
                Editing a comment
                Sadly you are correct, I found many many more. I have downgraded to 4.2.x and I'm now trying to get the Facebook plugin so I can run the forum on my Facebook page for our shop here but they are telling me I have to purchase it. I've tried explaining that I already purchased it for 5.x when I purchaed that 60 days ago, and I am unable to use 5.x because of the bugs. They're telling me to wait for 5.0.1 or 5.1 ... and that they cannot provide a free upgrade of the facebook plugin (which is a soft cost to them, its developed and it works already, there is no cost to them giving me this otherwise) ... unhappy.
            • doctorsexy
              • May 2011

Wayne from the support told me they can't fix my problem ....then go to vb4 untill its fixed....
              http://opensezme.co.uk/

Comment

• evil-maniac
                • May 2005

Originally posted by flylife
                Myself had a week of stress of not getting support and now I am totally ignored when I am asking for refund. No reply in the last 2 days. I used Paypal to purchase and then I applied for a refund through them. Wayne from the support told me they can't fix my problem ( my forum looks like this http://www.cantafly.com/fvb/ and there is no Site Builder available ) until I will cancel my refund claim. I did that not knowing that once you closed the claim you cannot reopen it. Since then no reply and they are ignoring me totally now. I can't believe this is happening. STOP BUYING THIS SOFTWARE! THIS IS A SCAM.
                Same with me; They have been ignoring me since I requested a refund. I have begun PayPal dispute procedures. If you are having a similar experience, I implore you to visit this post and share your experiences.

Comment

• jdj
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 5.1.x

Originally posted by dizzynation
                  What about all of your other customers that have put you where you are???
                  Some of us are vB4 customers that upgraded our licenses last year because we thought that a version of vB5 would be around in a reasonable time that we could use. We can't because there's still no CMS and still no calendar. There's also no timeframe for the CMS and calendar. So whilst we can see positive things about vB5 there's nothing "exciting" or "new" about vB5 because there is no foreseeable timepoint when we might be able to use it. There comes a point when something that has the potential to be exciting just becomes an irritation because you can never foresee a time when you'll be able to benefit from it. But you've already paid for it....

Comment

• Ramsesx
                    • Aug 2005
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
                    So, there are no plans left for vB3? Why gave us the vBulletin Senior Project Manager Mark Jean hope that there are still plans for further vB3 development?
                    Thanks.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Ramsesx
                      Originally posted by Mark.B
                      So, there are no plans left for vB3? Why gave us the vBulletin Senior Project Manager Mark Jean hope that there are still plans for further vB3 development? Thanks.
                      Neither Mark nor myself are in a position to know what, if any, future VB3 has at this time. What he and I are both sure of is there will be continued development of VB4 and VB5.

Comment