X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • helloadamm
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.1.x

vB5 is no longer in beta

I didn't realize vB5 has been officially released? I have seen no announcements of any kind on these forums but that's okay. For non-beta software, vB still needs a lot of work. Thanks Christine, VB Support Manager, for letting me know vB5 is no longer in Beta and that 5.0.1 is on its way. I for one am glad that its officially released because having purchased something 6 months ago and not receiving a stable, completed piece of software in a timely manner is just plain theft by a company that should be labeled as nothing less then the scum of the internet. But that's not the case anymore, thanks IB!

/sarcasm

• evil-maniac
    • May 2005

Originally posted by helloadamm
    I didn't realize vB5 has been officially released? I have seen no announcements of any kind on these forums but that's okay. For non-beta software, vB still needs a lot of work. Thanks Christine, VB Support Manager, for letting me know vB5 is no longer in Beta and that 5.0.1 is on its way. I for one am glad that its officially released because having purchased something 6 months ago and not receiving a stable, completed piece of software in a timely manner is just plain theft by a company that should be labeled as nothing less then the scum of the internet. But that's not the case anymore, thanks IB! /sarcasm
    Which is why I switched to XenForo even though vBulletin won't refund me. When purchasing vb5 you are not told of the features that do not work, or are missing even though the adminCP in the demo displays those features (without mentioning they are not implemented).

Comment

• evil-maniac
      evil-maniac commented
      Editing a comment
      Well if they won't refund me I will just make as many people aware of my experience with vBulletin as possible. I will tell them how they sold me an unfinished, unstable product that doesn't do most of what it advertises, and that I was not informed of its lack of features prior to buying; and now that they have my money, their sales manager is taking her time in replying to me and will not refund me. My satisfaction, business, and money are not important enough for her time.

• oldz442
      oldz442 commented
      Editing a comment
      Switched to xf as well. I am beyond disappointed upgrading to vb5.

• evil-maniac
      evil-maniac commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to the XF club ;D switching to XF was probably the best decision I made all month.
  • Shyuan
    • Nov 2012

I have the same thought. I didn't even know it is out of beta until i checked it out manually through forum. What's the reason behind for not notifying us? :/ Or did I missed out any important emails from vB? O.o

Comment

• Deimos
      • Oct 2002
      • 3.8.x

Seems to be "Unofficially", or perhaps, embarrassingly released as gold.

A press release was issued, so it's not in beta/RC/Alpha status anymore.

But obviously a very low key release.

Comment

• Neutral Singh
      • Sep 2004
      • 3.8.x

The most amusing part... we got 30+ emails from time to time notifying us of every upcoming Alphas, Betas and RCs but dang! no email for Gold! To me it is clear, they knew the they have lost the lawsuit so they simply released to vB5 in a knee jerk reaction.
      Last edited by Neutral Singh; Tue 12 Mar '13, 10:17pm.

Comment

• Sean James
        Sean James commented
        Editing a comment
        I was surpised by this as well
    • snow2000
      • Sep 2012
      • 4.2.X

For me it´s still Beta. To sell this was not the best idea.

Comment

• consigliere
        • Oct 2012
        • 4.2.X

There are numerous issues.... I've been running on the assumption its an error of some kind.

There have been no notifications and i havent upgraded from the last Beta release.... only the version in my admin panel has changed, and when I hit the link it sends me to a blank page, so highly doubtful its Gold.

And if it is I'll be tearing it down and going back to 4..... I have high hopes but they are slowly being squashed and the silence is deafening.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

The 5.0.0 release in your Member's Area should work and should let you download the same version running here. Please try again if it didn't work before. Contact support if you continue to have an issue downloading 5.0.0.

Comment

• Super Cat
            Super Cat commented
            Editing a comment
            So does mean that staff can now finish 4.2?

• BirdOPrey5
            BirdOPrey5 commented
            Editing a comment
            It does mean work has resumed on 4.2.1 and a release is expected "soon."
        • DemOnstar
          • Nov 2012

If this is gold, I will wait for the platinum release. 9 carats don't really do it for me.

Sorry guys, just testing the double post feature.

Comment

• durruti
            • Jan 2012
            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by DemOnstar
            If this is gold, I will wait for the platinum release.
            Got to admit, I love vb so much, I'm willing to swallow it and wait another year till it go Plutonium.
            But seriously, the ticket service that I will never be able to use (from Gold to Plutonium need some time) is really a total rip off.
            With all the bad things about vb5, at least the support ticket should be applicable for one month from the date the first ticket was opened.
            Otherwise, it's a total screw job.
            Must wait long for vb5 to become radioactive and can't even use the support ticket once the time come.

Don't really wanna blame it all on the staff.
            But what's with this feeling of wrath towards IB within me?

Comment

• Super Cat
              Super Cat commented
              Editing a comment
              What is the use of support ticket now when there is no way to help fix all the problems with 5.0. scam IB.
          • DemOnstar
            • Nov 2012

It is not the best of situations, rather saddening really.

Comment

• Solitaire
              • Oct 2010
              • 4.0.x

I find it very ironic that a release email was not sent, despite the multitude of updates sent for the beta. I actually wanted to be notified of the release and could have cared less about the beta once I had seen the initial few updates. Seems like not much has changed except maybe its a little faster.
              Vote for my suggestions here and here

Comment