vB5 is no longer in beta

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helloadamm
    commented on 's reply
    Can you link the press release? For something that is out of Beta, you would think that their Facebook/Twitter/YouTube accounts would have some sort of announcement. I can find anything at all...

• snow2000
    replied
    For me it´s still Beta. To sell this was not the best idea.

Leave a comment:

• Neutral Singh
    replied
    The most amusing part... we got 30+ emails from time to time notifying us of every upcoming Alphas, Betas and RCs but dang! no email for Gold! To me it is clear, they knew the they have lost the lawsuit so they simply released to vB5 in a knee jerk reaction.
    Last edited by Neutral Singh; Tue 12 Mar '13, 10:17pm.

Leave a comment:

• Deimos
    replied
    Seems to be "Unofficially", or perhaps, embarrassingly released as gold.

A press release was issued, so it's not in beta/RC/Alpha status anymore.

But obviously a very low key release.

Leave a comment:

• Shyuan
    replied
    I have the same thought. I didn't even know it is out of beta until i checked it out manually through forum. What's the reason behind for not notifying us? :/ Or did I missed out any important emails from vB? O.o

Leave a comment:

• evil-maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by helloadamm
    I didn't realize vB5 has been officially released? I have seen no announcements of any kind on these forums but that's okay. For non-beta software, vB still needs a lot of work. Thanks Christine, VB Support Manager, for letting me know vB5 is no longer in Beta and that 5.0.1 is on its way. I for one am glad that its officially released because having purchased something 6 months ago and not receiving a stable, completed piece of software in a timely manner is just plain theft by a company that should be labeled as nothing less then the scum of the internet. But that's not the case anymore, thanks IB! /sarcasm
    Which is why I switched to XenForo even though vBulletin won't refund me. When purchasing vb5 you are not told of the features that do not work, or are missing even though the adminCP in the demo displays those features (without mentioning they are not implemented).

Leave a comment:

• helloadamm
    started a topic vB5 is no longer in beta

vB5 is no longer in beta

I didn't realize vB5 has been officially released? I have seen no announcements of any kind on these forums but that's okay. For non-beta software, vB still needs a lot of work. Thanks Christine, VB Support Manager, for letting me know vB5 is no longer in Beta and that 5.0.1 is on its way. I for one am glad that its officially released because having purchased something 6 months ago and not receiving a stable, completed piece of software in a timely manner is just plain theft by a company that should be labeled as nothing less then the scum of the internet. But that's not the case anymore, thanks IB!

/sarcasm