X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neutral Singh
    • Sep 2004
    • 3.8.x

Search option is Redundant!

Search option above top-right is absolutely Redundant! i have been trying to search something for last three days and it always takes me to blank page... :-(

• TLMD
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.6.X

Guess what: It is not working. Fortunately this is a known bug and it will be fixed in a future (not necessarily the next) release...

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Redundant means there are two ways to do the same thing. It doesn't reference something that is broken. The word that you're probably looking for is infuriating.

Please narrow your searches or search only in relevant channels until this is fixed. You can also attempt a sitewide search at Google.com. just add site:vbulletin.com at the beginning of the search. If all else fails,please start a new thread. We don't mind duplicate threads here and actually encourage customers to create their own threads for their issues. I apologize for the inconvenience.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• John Diver
        • May 2003

Redundant means there are two ways to do the same thing. It doesn't reference something that is broken. The word that you're probably looking for is infuriating.
        So condescending to a paying customer Wayne

You give great support and have helped me on a number of occasions, but no reason to correct someones English / grammar.

This is something that vBulletin should be fixing ASAP, rather than directing people to google for a broken, very important script function.
        Google is free, vBulletin costs quite a lot.
        John Diver

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

Personally I would be more insulted if I was using a word wrong and no one told me... It's like going out and finding you had a peace of spinach stuck in your teeth all night Were your friends being nice not telling you or was the one who called it out (so you knew to fix it) really the best friend of all?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by John Diver
            This is something that vBulletin should be fixing ASAP, rather than directing people to google for a broken, very important script function. Google is free, vBulletin costs quite a lot.
            I agree. However I don't have control over the server or the software deployed on the site. All I can do is try to help the customer and provide workarounds, even if it means using an outside source.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...