Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aberg
    • Jul 2004

Upgrade bad for VB4 suite users

In the first relaise of Vbulletin 5 I have bought a license but have now regret.
    I have no English language forum so upgrade is not possible unless I switch to English.
    The CMS which in the suite is at Vbulletin 4 are not supported on an upgarde. All road articles and formatting.
    All addons don't work more while at the to upgreade from version 3 to 4 this stretches the point would be.
    No Vbulletin is not gone ahead and the past has now proven that promises of the Vbulletin team does not amount to much.
    I think really now to buy a license for IB and upgrade from Vbulletin 4 to IB
  • TLMD
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.6.X

I am pretty sure vB5 will advance over time, but this will need a lot of time since there are so many bugs needed to be fixed and so many features needed to be added. All you can do is to wait until vB5 fits your needs. And if it does not ever fit them, take it as a (quite expensive) lesson that you should never invest money based on expectations...

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

I am sorry you had a bad experience. We recommend that you don't upgrade until the features you want are available. You should revert to vBulletin 4.X by restoring the backup you created before you upgraded. As each new version comes out, we will bring it to parity. Localization is something we want to work on soon. Then in the future the CMS.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Octavius
        • Jul 2010
        • 4.2.X

You shouldn't have upgraded yet. I studied vBulletin 4 a month before I plopped $285 on it. Out the gate it's probably the most powerful forum software out as it has a CMS, Blogs and almost every addon that you need. There really is no point upgrading until vB5 has everything you need.
        www.8thos.com

Comment

• GamerPerfection
          • Feb 2006
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by aberg
          In the first relaise of Vbulletin 5 I have bought a license but have now regret.
          This is because you set your expectation exceedingly high.

The CMS which in the suite is at Vbulletin 4 are not supported on an upgarde. All road articles and formatting.
          It is not a case of not supported, more of a case of CMS is not developed yet. It will come over time. Unless of course you want them to rush it out like the rest of vB5 was. The fact CMS is not yet in the product has been mentioned hundreds of times so should not come to you as a surprise.

All addons don't work more while at the to upgreade from version 3 to 4 this stretches the point would be.
          Why would you expect addons from v4 to work on v5?

No Vbulletin is not gone ahead and the past has now proven that promises of the Vbulletin team does not amount to much. I think really now to buy a license for IB and upgrade from Vbulletin 4 to IB
          Don't think, just go ahead and do it. If you are not happy then find a resolution. There are too many people that complain and say they should move to another forum developer yet remain here and continue to complain.

http://www.gamerperfection.com/images/gp-bar.png http://www.gamerperfection.com/images/facebook-32.pnghttp://www.gamerperfection.com/images/twitter-32.pnghttp://www.gamerperfection.com/images/youtube-32.png

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...