Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdougher
    • Jul 2005

Is this some kind of sick joke?

The vBulletin site has "upgraded" to vBulletin 5, which is the slowest dog of a script I have ever in my life experienced?

Is this some kind of joke? Who is responsible for this catastrophe?

You know, some of your paying customers come here for support!!!!

They don't come here to have to wait a ridiculous amount of time for your "latest script" to display the forumhome page or to display the screen into which they can post a question.

What's going on here?

PhotoCamel | PoetryCircle | KissMyCamel
  • The Crow
    • Jan 2009
    • 4.2.X

I'm not a fan of vB5 myself, but I wouldn't say the home page takes "a ridiculous amount of time" to load. Not for me anyway. It loads pretty much instantly and I don't have a crazy fast internet connection.

Comment

• MyIce
      • Oct 2001

I actually like the overall design and product features after playing with it. It definitely has it load of bugs, and needs some major improvement.

Its not very slow for me either? Maybe because Im on a mac? I have no idea.
      www.texasatvs.com

Comment

• MyIce
        MyIce commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL, i take the slowness part back, took 15 seconds to load my new post!
    • Quillz
      • Nov 2004
      • 5.0.X

It does feel slower than both vB 4 and 5, but I'm sure it will improve with time.
      Forums

Comment

• DemOnstar
        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by jdougher
        The vBulletin site has "upgraded" to vBulletin 5, which is the slowest dog of a script I have ever in my life experienced? Is this some kind of joke? Who is responsible for this catastrophe? You know, some of your paying customers come here for support!!!! They don't come here to have to wait a ridiculous amount of time for your "latest script" to display the forumhome page or to display the screen into which they can post a question. What's going on here?
        It is slow yes, much slower than the old site here. Noticeably slow but not ridiculously.

Comment

• jdougher
          • Jul 2005

So I'm on a FIOS 75 mbps download. I don't think it's my download speed! This site's speed blows currently (02/26/2013).
          PhotoCamel | PoetryCircle | KissMyCamel

Comment

• influence
            • Mar 2002

My office computer at work is on T3 and this site still lags. I was just about to upgrade to Vbulletin 5 but I am not so sure what to do anymore. If you guys are really pissed on the developers website then I am sure my community members will be really pissed at me for upgrading/downgrading? to Vbulletin 5

Comment

• WhiskeyOSS
              • Apr 2010

The vBulletin site has "upgraded" to vBulletin 5, which is the slowest dog of a script I have ever in my life experienced? Is this some kind of joke?
              Hmmph thinking you must have a dog slow computer on your hands, I have no speed issues with this beta version at all.. loads at lightning fast speeds...

Comment

• IcEWoLF
                • Jul 2008
                • 4.1.x

I believe this is related to server issues. Just check back in few days once they clear it up.
                The 47 Ronin Gaming - www.47r-squad.com

Comment

• Hall of Famer
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by DemOnstar
                  The vBulletin site has "upgraded" to vBulletin 5, which is the slowest dog of a script I have ever in my life experienced? Is this some kind of joke? Who is responsible for this catastrophe? You know, some of your paying customers come here for support!!!! They don't come here to have to wait a ridiculous amount of time for your "latest script" to display the forumhome page or to display the screen into which they can post a question. What's going on here?
                  It is slow yes, much slower than the old site here. Noticeably slow but not ridiculously.
                  Not sure if its ridiculously slow, but it definitely is insanely slow, or overwhelmingly slow if you ask me.

Comment

• goyo
                    • Dec 2002

It's unbelievably slow on my side.

I'm generally the patient type when it comes to vBulletin development as I'm a registered member here for 11 years and using it from the very beginning...but never not once saw this kind of slowness even with my 28.8k modem over analog phone line 13 years ago.

Page loading times are between 6 and 32 seconds for days now.

The javascript and css design is not that bad...I've seen worst...the hardware failure is fixed...what could be the problem ? Can you show us some CPU/Memory usage statistics ?

Comment

• hornstar6969
                      hornstar6969 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I hope that is not what we have come to expect. Saying its not that bad. With vbulletin we should expect nothing but great however since Ib has been in charge we are getting half baked and nothing that goes that extra mile as being really polished.
                  • Robbiefritz
                    • Oct 2008
                    • 4.2.X

Is it me or does licensed customer feedback not allow access? This place gets better every day. :/
                    [URL="http://unified4change.com"]unified4change.com[/URL="http://unified4change.com"]|[URL="http://allthingsgermany.com"]AllThingsGermany.com[/URL="http://allthingsgermany.com"]|[URL="http://beergodsgarage.com"]BeergodsGarage.com[/URL="http://beergodsgarage.com"]

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Robbiefritz
                      Is it me or does licensed customer feedback not allow access? This place gets better every day. :/
                      You should have access as a licensed member.

Comment

• dizzynation
                        • Jun 2011
                        • 4.2.X

As far as speed, the site requires 3 clicks for a link to work. Only on vBulletin.com no where else
                        www.filmmakerforum.org
                        www.digidistribution.com

Comment

• captainslater
                          captainslater commented
                          Editing a comment
                          There are ongoing improvements to the server environment after the crash few days ago.
                      • Masterblaster
                        • Jan 2004

I don't like it, the forums main page looks like f***ed up, very bright and it looks chaotic.

Comment