Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • waldvb
    • Apr 2012

I don’t buy VB5 - WHY

I was waiting for VB5 - now I see it and I don’t buy it. Why?

1. First of all - I don’t trust your business model.
    a/ you were selling full of bugs VB4. Every new version had more or new bugs. E.g. Ckeditor is broken since 2011 !!!
    b/ you left unfinished VB4 (with bugs) and started a new project. (VB5)
    c/ based on that - I can assume - one day again, sooner or latter - you’ll leave unfinished VB5 and you’ll start VB6.

2. Price of VB5 - $249 for just a forum software. Price is to high.
    Comparing to VB4 Suite - you reduced VB5 to a simple forum software.
    Blogs in VB5 sucks and CMS will sucks.
    I can have a decent forum software for $140 or even for free.

3.Navigation sucks.
    E.g . I’m reading post on page #20. Using back button on browser - I’m on page #1.
    Then I have to navigate to page #20 again. This is really stupid thing. Explain why this is better than normal, practical navigation system?

4.Site Builder is very limited - this is really not a big deal.
    E.g in WordPress with 2 widgets I have better control over website.

And BTW- Search here doesn't work - I'm getting an error - see image.

www.wood-furniture.biz/forums/
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Thanks for your feedback.

I would disagree that site builder is "very limited" - it's a powerful tool.
    Search doesn't work here at the moment but it will work on a normal vB5 site.

But, do keep an eye on the software as the product will continue to be refined and improved. Buy it if and when it reaches a point that you feel it suits you.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

What keywords did you search for?
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• waldvb
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        What keywords did you search for?
        Terrible (of course)

- look at image - there is a link - [URL="http://www.vbulletin.com/"]www.vbulletin.com/[/URL="http://www.vbulletin.com/"].......
        Last edited by waldvb; Mon 25 Feb '13, 10:41am.
        www.wood-furniture.biz/forums/

Comment

• belkassem
          • Feb 2013

Positive remarks, I agree with you onnly on your second point
          " Comparing to VB4 Suite - you reduced VB5 to a simple forum software.
          Blogs in VB5 sucks and CMS will sucks."

For the rest" give the time to the time we will see" Already renew my licence on VB5.

Comment

• Masterblaster
            • Jan 2004

MAybe in 1 year it will be usable but what I see right now....sorry....no. I don'T understand why it was already released to the public.....also the design is pretty boring, it doesn't make fun to stay like that. I am sure it will be fine one day, but I will for sure not buy it before 2014.

Comment

• Kent55
              • Oct 2012

Call me crazy but I totally love vB5!! I love the login box and the pop ups etc. vB4 for me was good but the style was not to my liking but vB5, just clicks. Installing now!!!!!!!

Comment

• dizzynation
                • Jun 2011
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Kent55
                Call me crazy but I totally love vB5!! I love the login box and the pop ups etc. vB4 for me was good but the style was not to my liking but vB5, just clicks. Installing now!!!!!!!
                Best of luck to you, I hope I dont see you to much in the support areas or on phone support... If so, then everything went good, and all I can say is congrats!!
                www.filmmakerforum.org
                www.digidistribution.com

Comment

• JKerviel12
                  • Feb 2008

Who's Online is not working.

I'm missing features like a member list in the navbar - to see other members I have to go into admin control panel. How will other members manage to engage?

Blogs are awful compared to the very good vBulletin 4 ones.

These are positive criticisms, I really hope it can be improved because I see potential, and behind the scenes (looks) it seems to be decent software.

Comment

• 14DH01
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 4.2.x

Originally posted by dizzynation
                    Originally posted by Kent55
                    Best of luck to you, I hope I dont see you to much in the support areas or on phone support... If so, then everything went good, and all I can say is congrats!!
                    He must also see the appearance of its users.

Hope they (users) are not abash(taken aback,stumped...) with big changes
                    my forum Support bug reports please

Comment

• GamerPerfection
                      • Feb 2006
                      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by waldvb
                      I was waiting for VB5 - now I see it and I don’t buy it. Why? 1. First of all - I don’t trust your business model. a/ you were selling full of bugs VB4. Every new version had more or new bugs. E.g. Ckeditor is broken since 2011 !!! b/ you left unfinished VB4 (with bugs) and started a new project. (VB5) c/ based on that - I can assume - one day again, sooner or latter - you’ll leave unfinished VB5 and you’ll start VB6. 2. Price of VB5 - $249 for just a forum software. Price is to high. Comparing to VB4 Suite - you reduced VB5 to a simple forum software. Blogs in VB5 sucks and CMS will sucks. I can have a decent forum software for $140 or even for free. 3.Navigation sucks. E.g . I’m reading post on page #20. Using back button on browser - I’m on page #1. Then I have to navigate to page #20 again. This is really stupid thing. Explain why this is better than normal, practical navigation system? 4.Site Builder is very limited - this is really not a big deal. E.g in WordPress with 2 widgets I have better control over website. And BTW- Search here doesn't work - I'm getting an error - see image.
                      First of all the quote system sucks, because it quoted a structured post into a block of text.

Anyway, my feedback on the feedback:

The price may seem high for just forum software, but it won't just be forum software will it. At some point you will get full package. Granted it should have been released as a full package, but that didn't happen, but it doesn't mean you are only getting forum software for that price.

You say CMS will suck - that is NOT feedback at all, that is your assumption, therefore not relevant to anything.

If you can have decent forum software for $140 or for free then go and use it.

Have you reported the navigation issue anywhere else or did you just complain about it straight off? You seem to think it was purposely designed like that, do you know if it was?
                      http://www.gamerperfection.com/images/gp-bar.png http://www.gamerperfection.com/images/facebook-32.pnghttp://www.gamerperfection.com/images/twitter-32.pnghttp://www.gamerperfection.com/images/youtube-32.png

Comment