Why are titles smaller here than on the vB5 Demo?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JKerviel12
    • Feb 2008

Why are titles smaller here than on the vB5 Demo?

I notice that "Forums" is smaller than "vBulletin 5 Demo" on the demo. Also, thread titles are smaller here too.

What is the reason for this? I think the large writing for titles looks better.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

I can't see the difference myself. Press ctrl-0 in your browser to make sure you're the default zoom level.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• JKerviel12
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      I can't see the difference myself. Press ctrl-0 in your browser to make sure you're the default zoom level.
      That's impossible for you not to see the difference. And it's got nothing to do with my zoom level since I'm comparing both boards.

If you look, for example, at this thread's title "Why are titles smaller here than on the vB5 Demo?" and compare it to a title of any thread in the demo you will see the difference. I can make screenshots with arrows if necessary.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

I noticed this in the RC compared to Beta 28.

I assume it was a deliberate change. I initially changed it back on my test site, then decided the smaller ones might be better.
        I've not really made my mind up at this stage as to which I prefer, on my vB4 site I have had large titles for years, in fact I first put them in place while I was still on 3.8.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Stallyon
          • Mar 2005
          • 4.2.X

I thought the subject of this topic said something else being small that begins with "T" that rhymes with cities
          A computer without Microsoft Windows is like a chocolate cake without mustard.
          vBulletin user since March 2004, joined forum a year later, migration from vBulletin began April 2013. After 6 years of negativity, even old die-hard fans lose faith.

Comment

• JKerviel12
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Mark.B
            I noticed this in the RC compared to Beta 28. I assume it was a deliberate change. I initially changed it back on my test site, then decided the smaller ones might be better. I've not really made my mind up at this stage as to which I prefer, on my vB4 site I have had large titles for years, in fact I first put them in place while I was still on 3.8.
            The large titles definitely look better. I think it's a must for me. I haven't yet tested the RC - is it possible to make titles large, if they don't come standard? I'd be very disappointed if not.

Comment