Where is "Whats New" how can I live now?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dizzynation
    • Jun 2011
    • 4.2.X

Where is "Whats New" how can I live now?

[Whats New] tab was what I lived by in staying up to date with, well, "whats new"

What am I to do now?
    www.filmmakerforum.org
    www.digidistribution.com
  • socceronly
    • Nov 2009
    • 3.8.x

I sometimes even forget there is a Forum structure altogether since it's the only thing I use.

Hmmm. Cheese.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

There should be a New Topics link when you click the Forum Tab. Each page also has the latest activity tab which exposes the Activity Stream but I know you're more interested in the new posts or new topics link.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• socceronly
        • Nov 2009
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        There should be a New Topics link when you click the Forum Tab. Each page also has the latest activity tab which exposes the Activity Stream but I know you're more interested in the new posts or new topics link.
        If you click on the breadcrumb forum, you end up on a page that look identical to the main forum page, but has no sub nav bar.

It's title is Forum.

If you click on the main nav bar you end up at Forums with the sub nav bar.

Are they different things? They look the same.
        Hmmm. Cheese.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

yes.. .They are actually different things...

The Forum in the breadcrumb is a container channel that holds all the forums. It will be needed if the home page is changed to something else.

The "Forum" Tab leads you to the home page of the community site which also happens to show the forum directory at this time. Similar but different.

I've raised the state of the navigation tabs not being maintained in a JIRA so hopefully we can get it fixed. Logically, the forum tab and its sub-navigation should be active anytime you're in a forum area. In this case, this would be the forum channel (from the breadcrumb) or the Forum Directory shown on the home page. Unfortunately this highlight and remaining active isn't happening at this time.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• socceronly
            • Nov 2009
            • 3.8.x

yes.. .They are actually different things... The Forum in the breadcrumb is a container channel that holds all the forums. It will be needed if the home page is changed to something else. The "Forum" Tab leads you to the home page of the community site which also happens to show the forum directory at this time. Similar but different. I've raised the state of the navigation tabs not being maintained in a JIRA so hopefully we can get it fixed. Logically, the forum tab and its sub-navigation should be active anytime you're in a forum area. In this case, this would be the forum channel (from the breadcrumb) or the Forum Directory shown on the home page. Unfortunately this highlight and remaining active isn't happening at this time.
            Great.

Thanks for clearing that up Wayne!

JM
            Hmmm. Cheese.

Comment

• Loco.M
              • Mar 2005
              • 3.5.x

I don't see it either?

nvm, I see it now

well I don't know if I can delete this photo now
              I see the trash can, click it then my option is to upload or cancel. :|

(the only option I had was to upload another image.. you can't just delete it and be done with it.. so here is my avatar )
              -- Web Developer for hire
              ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

Yes, permissions were set incorrectly on the links in the sub-navigation. I have updated them.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment