• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • socceronly
    • Nov 2009
    • 3.8.x

Am I supposed to be looking at 5?

On the main site?

They updated the main site... without the CMS?

Am I missing something here?

I hope I have made a mistake someplace, cause this doesn't seem like a good idea.
    Hmmm. Cheese.
  • Loco.M
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.5.x

Originally posted by socceronly
    On the main site? They updated the main site... without the CMS? Am I missing something here? I hope I have made a mistake someplace, cause this doesn't seem like a good idea.
    you are correct
    Powered by [URL="https://www.vbulletin.com"]vBulletin™[/URL="https://www.vbulletin.com"] Version 5.0.0
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• Allen Lin
      Allen Lin commented
      Editing a comment
      Take out the "='https://www.vbulletin.com'" in your closing tag, Brandon.

• Loco.M
      Loco.M commented
      Editing a comment
      I did a copy and past from the footer.
      It pasted with the link phrased correctly, I hit Post and that's what came out.

• Mark.B
      Mark.B commented
      Editing a comment
      The URL thing is a known bug. It's the link button in the editor, it's adding the URL to the closing tag as well as the opening one.
  • Dustin L.
    • Mar 2011
    • 4.2.X

Yep. They've done it. No mistake. I am curious as to where the CMS content goes.
    http://quikmsg.net/strtoupper/ - Convert lowercase text and code to all uppercase!
    http://quikmsg.net/strtolower/ - Convert uppercase text and code to all lowercase!

Comment

• wave-rice
      wave-rice commented
      Editing a comment
      CMS content is imported to another channel as per the standard upgrade process. When CMS functionality returns, so will the CMS content we had prior. More information surrounding this can be found here.
  • socceronly
    • Nov 2009
    • 3.8.x

Wow.

I really want this software to be done and all... but it's just not ready. 18 seconds to load the front page for me. I'm afraid to click on things so i don't up waiting in internet purgatory.

Why on earth would you they not wait for a couple of RCs?
    Hmmm. Cheese.

Comment

• socceronly
      • Nov 2009
      • 3.8.x

blah

Hmmm. Cheese.

Comment

• smackLAN
        • Mar 2005
        • 3.8.x

Sooo slooowwww! Should be interesting to see how they manage here without the infraction system, also. Well, gotta give them credit for having guts lol
        RazorThemes ~ Cutting Edge Designs

Comment

• Loco.M
          Loco.M commented
          Editing a comment
          indeed about the guts
      • socceronly
        • Nov 2009
        • 3.8.x

Oh lord. The comment inside the post thing. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Maybe I will get used to it... I doubt it.

Well I sure hope this works out for them. I really want this to work. Just seems like a big distraction when they could be working on ... well this.
        Hmmm. Cheese.

Comment

• Allen Lin
          Allen Lin commented
          Editing a comment
          Getting feedback from our customers is never a distraction. (^_^)

• Riasat
          Riasat commented
          Editing a comment
          I actually like the feature (not the UI though).

• jadmperry
          jadmperry commented
          Editing a comment
          As it stands now, this nested comment thing is horrible. When you go to the thread listing in the forum, the comment shows as if it were a new post. But, you have to (as far as I can tell) scroll through the entire thread to find where this comment is...it makes it very hard to view any new content in the thread and to tell what is going on in the thread. I do see the idea behind this feature, but it makes navigation much harder. (I am not sure if this is true with the software "as is" or is an overall shortfall with the horrid navigation in this releases incarnation.

Anyway, I am a bit of a voyeur here.....it is mainly academic to me as I decided to leave vB for use in my forums after the vB 4.x debacle- from pre-sale to implementation (here we are, years later, and the product promised was never delivered).
      • mike406
        • Oct 2012
        • 4.2.X

Anyone figure out how the new quote system works? Sometimes the quoted message appears in the editor, but mostly it's always blank. It also seems that the Quote button is also used for Multi-Quoting. But clicking Cancel won't de-select the quoted posts??? Rather counter-intuitive, or maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

Edit: This appears to be an issue on Opera. Other browsers it works a bit better.
        Last edited by mike406; Wed 20 Feb '13, 5:59pm.
        vBulletin.org Profile

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mike406
          Anyone figure out how the new quote system works? Sometimes the quoted message appears in the editor, but mostly it's always blank. It also seems that the Quote button is also used for Multi-Quoting. But clicking Cancel won't de-select the quoted posts??? Rather counter-intuitive, or maybe I'm just doing it wrong. Edit: This appears to be an issue on Opera. Other browsers it works a bit better.
          Make sure you log a bug report in jira for that, but opera usage is fairly low (across the board). We officially support IE8-10, Firefox (current), Webkit (Chrome/Safari), and some mobile browsers (Safari, Chrome, Old Android)

Comment

• IcEWoLF
            • Jul 2008
            • 4.1.x

Zachery, did you guys purposely add /forum/forum/ twice in the URL? A bit weird.
            The 47 Ronin Gaming - www.47r-squad.com

Comment

• hornstar6969
              • Aug 2005
              • 3.8.x

This is much slower than the old slow demo site of vb5. Vb used to be loved by big boards. Speed should not still be an issue or not this big of an issue.
              Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

Comment

• Eagle Eyes
                • Oct 2006
                • 3.8.x

This is a big disaster for big boards. They won't be able to survive the slowness of vb 5. vB forgot to hire good developers it seems... many big boards are already switching to xenforo like digitalpoint.

Comment

• Mark.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Zachery
                  Originally posted by mike406
                  Anyone figure out how the new quote system works? Sometimes the quoted message appears in the editor, but mostly it's always blank. It also seems that the Quote button is also used for Multi-Quoting. But clicking Cancel won't de-select the quoted posts??? Rather counter-intuitive, or maybe I'm just doing it wrong. Edit: This appears to be an issue on Opera. Other browsers it works a bit better.
                  Make sure you log a bug report in jira for that, but opera usage is fairly low (across the board). We officially support IE8-10, Firefox (current), Webkit (Chrome/Safari), and some mobile browsers (Safari, Chrome, Old Android)
                  Opera is also moving to Webkit so not worth wasting any time really on Opera-specific bugs now.
                  MARK.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  ------------
                  My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                  My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by IcEWoLF
                    Zachery, did you guys purposely add /forum/forum/ twice in the URL? A bit weird.
                    The old forum if you remember was vbulletin.com/forum/ so VB5 was installed in the /forum/ directory. VB5 has it's own /forum/ for when using the forum functionality thus the double /forum/. Since www.vbulletin.com is used to actually purchase the software installing VB5 in the root was never an option.

Comment

• smackLAN
                      • Mar 2005
                      • 3.8.x

I take it the "messages" notification at the top apparently also includes generic notifications (or alerts as I would call them)? After I view them, is it not supposed to clear that alert? Or is that a bug? Very unintuitive like it is currently.

Another thing that is very confusing is displaying the nested comment as the latest post for this thread. Very poor design, imho.

Oh, and your vB logo is missing here now, too.
                      Last edited by smackLAN; Thu 21 Feb '13, 7:30am.
                      RazorThemes ~ Cutting Edge Designs

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...