X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mygra
    • Aug 2016
    • 5.3.x

Upgrade the new app?

When is the App update expected? There are many bugs to fix and in the playstore the app has 1 star .. I would say very badly. In 2019 the apps are everything and an update is released here every year. Sooner or later we will all be forced to close our forums to go only to Facebook if you don't develop a functioning and decent App that allows users to interact via smartphone
    Last edited by Mygra; Fri 5 Apr '19, 2:22am.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

We just released an updated Android app in December. Currently we're working on updating the iOS app to the same look and feel.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mygra
      • Aug 2016
      • 5.3.x

The app for Android needs updates, you can't release a new release or update the bugs? Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190409_154029.jpg Views:	0 Size:	202.1 KB ID:	4412700 I'm getting a lot of criticism on the forum and the users aren't happy. I'm getting 2 star in the playstore. Many users are leaving the forum because of this app. What should I tell him? How long will they have to wait?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

We release a new version about every six months. Your request is impossible to work on. If you have a recreatable bug then you should log it in the Bug Tracker linked in the header of every page on this forum. Also note that if you're not on the latest version of vBulletin 5, you will be missing out on functionality in the App.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• migratoria
          • Apr 2012
          • 4.2.X

I have the last version of vbulletin 5.5.1

The bugs have been reported since a long time!

At least when a new release is released as in this case, the errors should be corrected immediately and not in 6 months.
          Users are uninstalling the app and complaining.

The app is the future of forums via smartphone. No one uses browsers and PC in 2019.

If you do not issue a valid update with corrections and improvements it will be the end.

Users in forums created with vbulletin are disappearing to switch to Facebook and Social Groups.

You have to do something without waiting 6 months.

You can ignore this warning but we will pay all the consequences. We in terms of users and popularity and Vbulletin group in economic terms.
          Last edited by migratoria; Tue 9 Apr '19, 9:22am.

Comment

• Maltair
            • Feb 2009

<<No one uses browsers and PC in 2019.>>

I have the apps live for one of my forums, but still most users are logging on via browsers.

As far as your statement, even if more and more people are using apps, still many continue to use laptops and desktops. Sales of these continue strong.

In 2018, Apple sold over 18M iMacs including an iMac Pro, to me.

If all you are doing computer wise is on a smart phone or tablet, you're not doing much compared to me.

I do agree that the vbulletin apps should be better. No argument there.
            One definite suggestion is to make the Messages appear as a THREAD just like at the forums. The way it appears now on the app is as a single line for each incoming message, and when you click on it, all you see is what that party wrote to you, in that single instance, you do not see what you wrote, nor anything that was written

Comment

• Mygra
              • Aug 2016
              • 5.3.x

SMARTPHONE VS PC: ON THE INTERNET MORE TELEPHONES THAN COMPUTERS, IT IS THE END OF AN ERA A StatCounter survey shows how the web is now dominated by smartphones and tablets, which are replacing PCs as the main means of navigation.

But do you have in mind how many times a person uses a smartphone in a day compared to a PC? Having a valid app for vbulletin is a priority

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...