• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bendiesel
    • Jan 2018
    • 5.3.x

android app crash after click on "messages"

Hi !

before starting set up mobile app, i just downloaded vBulletin community forum from playstore, the app crash when clicking on "messages",

is it known issue ?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Not that I am aware of. You're using the 2.0 version of the App?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• bendiesel
      • Jan 2018
      • 5.3.x

- yes V2, i just downloaded the vBulletin app from :

every time after clicking on "Messages" the app crash, closed, tested on android 8.1

- i just tested the iphone app, this issue doesn't exist,

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

In order for our Developers to investigate this fully, can you create a new Bug report here for the appropriate project (either iOS or Android) and upload a copy of the crash report:

Instructions on how to retrieve crash reports for your device can be found here:

Android Crash Reports

- Visit your Android Developer Console at http://market.android.com/publish
        - Login if needed using your User ID and Password.
        - Find the App with the reported problem in your list of Apps and click Errors on its row.
        - The next screen will report "Freezes" and "Crashes" along with some statistics. If there are error reports, they will be linked.
        - Click on the Error Reports Link (e.g. 6 New)
        - The errors will be shown inline on the next page. Click on an an Error title will show the error in detail.
        - You will need to copy and paste the stack traces show into a JIRA Issue Comment.
        - At the top of the screen, you will see a link labeled "Show User Messages". Click This.
        - A user message should be show that corresponds with the error. If filled out properly it tells us what they were doing at the time of the error. Copy and paste this into the JIRA Issue Comments as well.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• bendiesel
          • Jan 2018
          • 5.3.x

thank you Trevor for the reply,

i just created and uploaded the app in playstore, i prefer to not make a wrong move before resolving other blocking issue in the app posted in:

Dear staff, vBulletin website is the best (yes with some bugs), displaying on phones is great, but android mobile has blocking issues in my case, here is some points: 1- the vBulletin Mobile Suite seems to not support RTL mode: i didn't found a way to set RTL mode, which caused: texts written in RTL was displayed in LTR

the issue is easy to reproduce so maybe vBulletin developers has more skills to reproduce and get the correct errors report from google play then me,

thank you for understanding and help

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

The Mobile App developers do not visit these forums. Using the link provided by Trevor is the best way to report bugs to that team.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...