• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • germaninfl
    • Apr 2018
    • 5.3.x

getting started with iOS app

Hi,
    I'm just getting started with the iOS mobile App and but was able to build my first working version yesterday.

- Do I need a dark color splash screen? I put a white screen with my logo in the top area but the login button / create an account button are hard to see plus I believe there should be a skip login which is not even visible at all.

- Seems like there is no way to change the app language at this time, right? Are there any plans for this in the future?

Thanks
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You can change the colors in the Mobile Publisher. It will use whichever colors you select.

The language will switch based on the device's settings, provided the language is already available in the Application. You cannot change the languages for your individual app.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• germaninfl
      • Apr 2018
      • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke

The language will switch based on the device's settings, provided the language is already available in the Application. You cannot change the languages for your individual app.
      Ok i see. I have a German forum but I live and the U.S. and therefore had my iphone set to English. I changed my iphone setting for German to be the preferred language and now I have a mix of German and English in the App. Certain parts of the App, for example the login screen, is now in German and also some words like "back", "cancel' etc. but most other parts remain in English. So I guess German is not fully implemented.

Comment

• germaninfl
        • Apr 2018
        • 5.3.x

Here is BTW a screenshot how my login screen looks like. There is no "skip login" option visible (but I know it must be there ... I can click in the bottom section and it will continue) and I'm also not sure those particular colors for the login buttons can be changed so should I conclude that the App is not designed to work with White Splash screen?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

If your splash screen has a white background and you are not using a white background elsewhere in the App, then yes it will cause problems.

I've created a bug report for the developers to look at this in a future version of the software.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...