• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FireFish
    • Jan 2006
    • 5.3.x

REJECTED BY APPLE: Get a load of this

Guideline 4.0 - Design

We noticed that the user is taken to Safari to sign in or register for an account, which provides a poor user experience.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise your app to enable users to sign in or register for an account in the app.

We recommend implementing the Safari View Controller API to display web content within your app. The Safari View Controller allows the display of a URL and inspection of the certificate from an embedded browser in an app so that customers can verify the webpage URL and SSL certificate to confirm they are entering their sign in credentials into a legitimate page.

Resources

For additional information on the Safari View Controller API, please review the What's New in Safari webpage.

My response to Apple:

Why would my binary be rejected for this? This app is constructed by vBulletin's engineers and is used universal across the world for white labeled clients such as myself.
    By the way, users can sign in from the main login page or can use SSO with Facebook.
    None of this has changed in the past 12 revisions I've submitted and which have been approved.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

It shouldn't load Safari at all. You had a bad reviewer. Did you test the app in Test Flight before publishing?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• FireFish
      • Jan 2006
      • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      It shouldn't load Safari at all. You had a bad reviewer. Did you test the app in Test Flight before publishing?
      Yes sir. Of course.
      I need to agree with your assessment of the quality or lack thereof of the reviewer.
      Anyways, I resubmitted it. But when attempting to create a new build, your compiler that ZIPs it up is lacking the IPA files, FYI.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

I can't recreate this on my own account. The only way to get the files included is to rebuild. Each account has a unique executable. If it happens again, we'll need a support ticket that can be assigned to the Mobile Project manager for investigation.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...