Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does vBulletin mobile suite use content from articles and events yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does vBulletin mobile suite use content from articles and events yet?

Hello

Can anyone tell me whether the vbulletin mobile suite can draw content from articles, events (i.e. the calendar) as well as forum and blogs?

Articles, yes. Events - yes if you're viewing them in a channel but there's no calendar showing at this time.
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
    - "Quick Route" Interface...
    - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
      Articles, yes. Events - yes if you're viewing them in a channel but there's no calendar showing at this time.
      So you could presumably organise something for events to show? Some widget or something showing today's events? It's the calendar that's missing.

Comment

Events are just topics. They show in the channel they are created in. The Mobile Suite doesn't have widgets. If you would like to see the operation of the mobile suite you should search for vBulletin.com in Google Play or the App Store to download the app created for this site.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          Events are just topics. They show in the channel they are created in. The Mobile Suite doesn't have widgets. If you would like to see the operation of the mobile suite you should search for vBulletin.com in Google Play or the App Store to download the app created for this site.
          We use the articles for news, we use the blogs, we use the calendar for events, I'm also interested to know how you use it to display pictures and videos I was wondering how you'd organise this content via the mobile ap, but presumably if I search for vBulletin.com via Google Play or itunes I'll find you displaying this kind of content.

Comment

The Mobile Suite provides an App that shows vBulletin Content. It doesn't change how that content is organized. You choose forums and it will show a list of forums. Go into one it shows the topics. Enter a topic it shows the content. Same with articles. In vBulletin 5, it shows events just like any other topic. You enter the event topic and it shows the content.

It does not support vBulletin 4 Calendars which are different from Events in vBulletin 5

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Working...
            X